ISY disconnects from Elk intermittently/frequently

PlanoMike

I recently purchased an ISY-99i to connect with my Elk. I have gotten the two communicating with each other, but note that the ISY reports that it is disconnected from the Elk intermittently. If I monitor the event log I see periodic combinations of Elk connect and Elk disconnect events...sometimes within a minute or two of each other, sometimes not occurring for many hours.

I have noted in the past that when using ElkRP, the Elk would disconnect apparently at random from time to time.

Is this expected behavior?

Assuming not, any suggestions for troubleshooting? I have checked for IP address conflicts on my home network and don't (think) I have any.

TIA,

Mike

Double check your globals settings and make sure the "access" check box in the user account for the isy is not checked in Elk RP.

When I updated my M1G to the 5.2.8 firmware, I started having this problem in a configuration that had been otherwise stable since it was originally installed. After many months, Elk identified it as an issue that occurs if you haven't set an RP Access Code in ElkRP. Once I went into ElkRP and set an RP Access Code (and be aware that all zeros does not count), the problem immediately disappeared.

Back