KP2 Keypad Speaker

dsabot

Is it possible to wire a speaker into the KP2 keypad so I can hear voice prompts? If so, which wires would need to be used?

Is it possible to wire a speaker into the KP2 keypad so I can hear voice prompts? If so, which wires would need to be used?

You need to buy an elk-sp12F, remove the speaker and screw it into the kp2 panel. The kp2 does not have a built in speaker, this one is designed to fit. Then use standard speaker wire and wire this to the M1's output 1. Depending on what other speakers you have you will need to wire this 32ohm speaker in series/parallel such that the total load on output 1 is not below 4ohms.

What do you, or can you do with the two extra wires that are used in the wiring harness? Can you hook a speaker up to them?

What do you, or can you do with the two extra wires that are used in the wiring harness? Can you hook a speaker up to them?

You cant wire a speaker directly to the keypad. It does not have an amplifier built in. You need to homerun back to the panel or to another speaker already on your system. Watch your impedance matching as well.

You cant wire a speaker directly to the keypad. It does not have an amplifier built in. You need to homerun back to the panel or to another speaker already on your system. Watch your impedance matching as well.

Gotcha. What then are the two other wires used for?

There is an output and an input both referenced to ground. So you have a zone and a dry contact or trugger (cant remember)

There is an output and an input both referenced to ground. So you have a zone and a dry contact or trugger (cant remember)

Is there some documentation on these two wires? I believe a proximity sensor can be attached to one, not sure though. If it is a trigger couldn't an external amplifier be used?

Is there some documentation on these two wires? I believe a proximity sensor can be attached to one, not sure though. If it is a trigger couldn't an external amplifier be used?

You could do a siren driver turned on by the trigger and powered off of the aux power feeding the keypad I guess. You would not get voice though.

Back