LIFX And Spotty Internet Connection

GraysonPeddie

Hi you guys. I currently use Home Assistant which has a LIFX component and I've had trouble with my LIFX White 800 light bulbs not being instructed to turn on and off at a certain time.

Here's the group:

Bedroom_Lamps:
  name: Bedroom Lamps
  entities:
    - light.bedroom_lamp_left
    - light.bedroom_lamp_right
(Update after I took a break: Okay. My post will be turned into HTML, but it's all I can do.)

Here's the automation part of Home Assistant:

Um... Actually... I've had problems with LIFX bulbs going out as the LIFX app told me that the bulbs are off-line, but the Internet is not off-line. It did this morning when LIFX did not respond to my Home Assistant automation script.

- alias: "Time to wake up"
    trigger:
      platform: time
      hours: 6
      minutes: 30
      seconds: 0
    condition:
      condition: time
      weekday:
        - mon
        - tue
        - wed
        - thu
        - fri
    action:
      service: scene.turn_on
      entity_id: scene.wake_up
  - alias: "Bedroom off"
    trigger:
      platform: time
      hours: 7
      minutes: 0
    condition:
      condition: time
      weekday:
        - mon
        - tue
        - wed
        - thu
        - fri
    action:
      service: light.turn_off
      entity_id: group.bedroom
(Update 2: Alright. Something is definitely going wrong with the HTML sanitizer or something.)

One of the bulb stopped responding to instructions sent by Home Assistant. I'm beginning to think that the WiFi component in the bulb is cheap even though I paid good money for it. It does work most of the time, but it only happens when LIFX bulbs failed to talk to the LIFX cloud server.

Ugh! My first post has been turned into HTML... What's going on? Why a bunch of DIV elements instead of a paragraph tag?

Update: Oh, no... Part of my post is gone again... Reposting...

Update 2: Ah... I did not paste my backup text in my text editor. I think I came across a bug in the forum software. I need to take a break and reconstruct it again.

Update 3: I think this happens after the closing code tag that the text get truncated.

Back