Logging CAI Webcontrol Values

apostolakisl

I thought I would share this info.

I wanted to log one of the analog values from my cai unit for about 12 hours and graph the results. My solution.

There is a program written by io_guy and posted on his website for download. You can find links on Universal Devices forum. The program is called WCLink and is designed to link together a cai unit and an ISY unit. This program has a logging function built in.

So, I turned the logging on with time stamp, and let it go. It saves the file as text which I then imported into Excel and sorted it to elliminate the stuff I didn't want and then graphed it. It can run at a max freq of 1/sec. I don't know if you have to have an ISY for this to work. Not sure, but it would give you an error message every time it tried to update ISY if it worked at all. Excel can sort those out easily. I had to sort out every comm with ISY anyway since I would have duplicates otherwise.

Probably you could write a program to do this cleaner, but I don't know how and this is off the shelf.

xapmcsWebControl allows the WebControl to communicate via UDP xAP protocol. xapmcsDatabase will grab xAP traffic and put it in a database. xapmcsChart will do charts of data in the database. Off the shelf, but helps if one is familiar with xAP/xPL.

Back