Can the M1 Gold send/receive signals via the M1EXP to/from an ethernet relay board

TriLife

Greetings;

I'm planning a new home and since I'm familiar with the Elk M1 Gold and several of you have recommended that this is still be best unit around, I want to use this as the alarm system and have it talk to my home automation as well. Automation will happen via Z-Wave+.

While researching a cheaper way of controlling lights than buying a separate Z-wave module for every circuit (the idea being one Zwave Rx/TX controlling several relays), I ran across the the following products:

https://numato.com/product/8-channel-ethernet-solid-state-relay-module   An ethernet controlled relay bank and Analog/Digital IO bank! They make the same thing for USB and digital control as well.

Now, my question: Can I program the M1G in such way that it sends a telnet signal through the M1EXP to this device? Or maybe even reads some of those inputs? Would be cool, no?  

Thanks on advance for your help!

Cheers.

RAL

TriLife said:
Greetings;

I'm planning a new home and since I'm familiar with the Elk M1 Gold and several of you have recommended that this is still be best unit around, I want to use this as the alarm system and have it talk to my home automation as well. Automation will happen via Z-Wave+.

While researching a cheaper way of controlling lights than buying a separate Z-wave module for every circuit (the idea being one Zwave Rx/TX controlling several relays), I ran across the the following products:

https://numato.com/product/8-channel-ethernet-solid-state-relay-module   An ethernet controlled relay bank and Analog/Digital IO bank! They make the same thing for USB and digital control as well.

Now, my question: Can I program the M1G in such way that it sends a telnet signal through the M1EXP to this device? Or maybe even reads some of those inputs? Would be cool, no? 

I don't know of a way to do this with the XEP.  It's designed to send e-mail messages, not text strings.

I'm thinking you might be able to make this work with a serial port adapter (M1XSP) connected to a serial-to-ethernet adapter.  Then write rules of the form

Whenever [event]
Then send text to Output Port

But then, it might just be easier to get a relay board with a RS232 or USB interface and skip the ethernet.

Unless there's a reason to remote the relay board or the 3rd party device needs ethernet and is compatible, I'd just stick a M1RB in the can and call it a day.