Looking to buy RC-2000 thermostats

Mr Spock

I've been looking on eBay and other places to replace both of my RC-2000WH thermostats. One no longer accepts remote setpoint changes and the other seems to have stuck relays (AC stays on). They lasted about 9 years.

Does anyone know of a place selling them for less than a fortune or have one to sell?

Thanks.

Hey;
I've worked on a few of those thermostats. I've got 4 of them. Have you taken them apart yet? If you remove them from the case, so you can see both sides of the PCB you will most likely find that there are crystals growing on parts of the PCB. Sometimes the solder will grown crystals over time that cause internal shorts. One of my RC2000's had a huge amount growing inside and would not respond to commands. Once I cleaned it, it works perfectly!.
If you decide to get ride of them please let me know, I would be interested in them for parts.
Let me know what you find,
Nick

Hi Nick

I confirmed no crystal growth on any of the soldered surfaces. All clean. I may try to fix the one with the stuck relay. Do you know if schematics or service manuals exist? I've not looked for it yet, still trying to buy new/used thermostats.

I found a woman in Miami claiming to have 66 RC-2000 thermostats that got pulled from a building and she is selling them for $110 each. Its on a strange web site called Swapika. It looks like a scam, they prefer bitcoin. I tried to use my credit card through Paypal and it was rejected. She does not respond to any contact.

Hi Nick

I confirmed no crystal growth on any of the soldered surfaces. All clean. I may try to fix the one with the stuck relay. Do you know if schematics or service manuals exist? I've not looked for it yet, still trying to buy new/used thermostats.

I found a woman in Miami claiming to have 66 RC-2000 thermostats that got pulled from a building and she is selling them for $110 each. Its on a strange web site called Swapika. It looks like a scam, they prefer bitcoin. I tried to use my credit card through Paypal and it was rejected. She does not respond to any contact.
I have 2 available: 1 with Leviton logo on faceplate and 1 with Hai Omnistat 2 logo on faceplate that I can sell if you're interested. Im in Canada but shipping is easy enough to US and I can do paypal.

Back