Lv45a001 Losing signal

wdeertz

I have a HAI LV45A001 transmitter in my garage with 3 wireless units all within about 15-20 feet of each other. Batteries are new and signal strength shows as medium to strong. The garage area is generally armed from 9pm-7am every day. For some strange reason about 2-3 times per year Ill get a false alarm from the garage door sensor and it always seems to occur between 2am-3am.

I may be chasing my tail but trying to figure out why this one sensor always seems to falsely trigger in the early morning hours at some fairly regular frequency. I was thinking maybe the wireless signal is getting interrupted by some sort of public emergency response system that is being periodically tested in the early morning hours of the day. The strange thing is that the false alarms never occur on any of the other wireless sensors and never outside the early morning hours.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mouse? Bad sensor?

What kind of sensors are the three? What kind of temperature is your overnight when it fails?

cobra said:
Mouse? Bad sensor?
What kind of sensors are the three? What kind of temperature is your overnight when it fails?
2 sensors are simple magnetic door sensors while the garage door sensor has a mercury switch that triggers when the door raises. I haven’t kept precise track of temperatures when the false alarms occur but from memory it seems to happen when it’s cooler. I believe the latest false alarm had mid 40’s overnight temps.

Back