M1 Gold Zone bypassing - when does it unbypass ?

We were on holiday and a corroded siren tamper switch caused a false alarm.  I bypassed it and reset the alarm.  Weeks later (today) when I went to replace the switch, I noticed it was not bypassed anymore.

1. What causes the system to remove the bypass?

The manual says it the bypass will be removed when the system is next disarmed (but the manual is assuming the keypad is used).  However, from the attached log, you can see that did not happen.

Row          Explanation
55 & 56 - re-armed after the bypass was initially applied after the false alarm using M1ToGo remotely
52 & 53 - bypass still active after re-arming by the neighbour using the keypad (she wouldn't know how to bypass)
49 & 50 - bypass still active after re-arming by us using the keypad (and we didn't re-apply a bypass)
44 & 45 - bypass still active after re-arming by us using the keypad (and we didn't re-apply a bypass)
42 & 43 - bypass removed after disarming using Ek M1 on my iPhone

It seems if the bypass was added by a remote app, then it will remain until the system is disarmed by a remote app?? (or deliberately removed obviously)

Attachments

• Zone unbypassed 1.JPG
    Zone unbypassed 1.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 27
I don't understand.  The tamper switch was usually in the normal condition, but was a bit intermittent and hence I applied the bypass (thinking I would leave the bypass there until I got around to repairing it).  I understand that if the switch was in exception, that enabling force arming means I can set the alarm.  But how does force arming affect the removal of a bypass ?

Isn't bypassing a bit different though?  I thought if I bypassed a zone, it could flip between active and secure repeatedly without causing an alarm.  Yet a zone that is force armed (as you say) will become active as soon as it is secure - meaning if it becomes active again, an alarm will be triggered.

steerage250 said:
Isn't bypassing a bit different though?  I thought if I bypassed a zone, it could flip between active and secure repeatedly without causing an alarm.  Yet a zone that is force armed (as you say) will become active as soon as it is secure - meaning if it becomes active again, an alarm will be triggered.

The manual bypass of the zone only remains in effect until the system is disarmed.  The next time you arm the system, if the zone is not secure and is configured as force-armed, then it will be bypassed automatically.  But during this armed period, if the zone becomes secure again, the automatic bypass will end.

If I understand correctly, and I may be totally off on this, but the confusion may be with when the zone was unbypassed the 2nd time (line 42). The OP is associating it with the use of an app, but that could just be coincidental as to when the switch "fixed" itself.

I have an area that is armed when my system is put into away mode - it works off rules only. None of the zones are marked as force arm, but all of them are allowed to be bypassed. If a zone is not secure at the time of arming then it is automatically bypassed. If the zone is secured while the alarm is still armed then it will become active again.

Line 42 shows that the zone restored to "normal" where the other times it remained faulted (or secondarily bypassed, since the system will not show how the system was bypassed)

Apps also work differently than keypad.

Force arm is a "bypass returnable" zone. Meaning it will remain bypassed for the entire time system is armed.

The system will give the unhappy "brap" when attempting to arm via the keypad, but will still arm. Apps don't do that by nature, same as rules. They operate differently than if an end user went up to a keypad.

I have my system with force arm on the garage (second partition) and all the house windows and entry door. System auto arms via rules at night, keypad gives the single "brap" but still arms, but if I used the quick arm buttons, it would require a code to acknowledge the system is being armed with less protection.

Back