mCubed HFX Chassis: Availablity in North America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah!
well, I was talking about the second item on the page (Arctic Silver 5), but you'll notice that it's $8 for 3.5 grams. I bought 12 grams and it barely got the job done for the CPU cooler and heatpipe connections on the side of the case. I'm going to need another 3 twelve gram tubes to finish. I still have to install the PSU and I want to run pipes from the bridge as well.

Quixote said:
Hah!
well, I was talking about the second item on the page (Arctic Silver 5), but you'll notice that it's $8 for 3.5 grams. I bought 12 grams and it barely got the job done for the CPU cooler and heatpipe connections on the side of the case. I'm going to need another 3 twelve gram tubes to finish. I still have to install the PSU and I want to run pipes from the bridge as well.
is the 'grain of rice' rule that i was brought up on no longer in effect?

Paul said:
is the 'grain of rice' rule that i was brought up on no longer in effect?
For mounting a heatsink to the CPU, yes. But the HFX case uses a bunch of heatpipes running from the CPU, GPU, and chipset to large heatsinks on either side of the case. Even a fanless PSU can be mounted in such a way to dissapate heat via the heatsinks. You need a bunch of thermal compound for all of those contact points since the tolerances are much less than a CPU heatsink.

I bought an Antec Phantom 500. It's way too big for the case, so I've built a bracket to hold it higher so that it can hover over the motherboard. I'm quite impressed with the fit that I've managed. ;) I'm going to have it flush with the heatsink on the left side, and I plan on covering that side with arctic silver thermal compound. Since the fan of the PSU only turns on at 55 degrees celsius, I really need to try to keep the temp down for quiet operation. I've even mounted the CPU heatsink that I won't be using on the CPU on the Phantom, in the hopes that I can drop the temperature by another 5 degrees.
I'm just waiting to get some 90 degree SATA cables and the heatpipes for the bridge and I'll be able to continue.

The anticipation is killing me. :blink:

Sorry to revive this thread without having temperature readings or anything like that, but I feel that it's my duty to inform you guys that, in my opinion, elgo-tech ( where I bought my case from) has very poor business practises, and I've had quite a negative experience with the company recently. I can't really get too specific because this prick actually threatened to take legal action against my boss who has nothing to do with our disagreement, (except for paying for the purchase for me as an advance), if I publicly mentioned that I would not do business with his company again or suggested that others stay away from this company. So I won't do that ;)

Well, I guess it's as they say: buyer beware...

Quixote said:
I've had quite a negative experience with the company recently.
The best thing for you to do is post your experience on RessellerRatings.com (then maybe drop a kind note to the vendor that includes a link to that review) ;)
Quixote said:
Well, I guess it's as they say: buyer beware... 
That is what sites like Resseller Ratings is trying to do, protect the buyer!

Dear to all readers,

I would like to clarify the comment that Quixote left in this forum on March 17th, 06 regarding our business practice which has damaged our company's reputation. His story is not true. As what you see in his first few comments about his purchase were excellent rating, this means that he was satisfied with his purchase. The reason why he is not happy now simply because we are having a madness sale on mCubed products for few days now. We put this sale event on after one month that he purchased the items from us. Few days ago he sent me an email asking to get some credits back or give him a free item to compensate the different. This is unreal...He purchased the items more than a month ago. We are not like those big companies such as Best Buy or Future Shop can give out credits. The items that he purchased arrived at his place in A1 condition and he agreed to purchase the items at the price that we listed in our web site at the time. I did offer him a 3% discount on the next purchase and we :D did not get a response from him. Thank you for listening.

Oliver Lee
President of ELGO Sound & Vision Tech. Inc.

elgo-tech said:
Dear to all readers,

I would like to clarify the comment that Quixote left in this forum on March 17th, 06 ... Anyhow I'll pursue to consult our lawyer to see any legal action that we can take to resolve this matter. Thank you for listening.

Oliver Lee
President of ELGO Sound & Vision Tech. Inc.
Thanks for clarifying that! Now I KNOW your company is not one I would want to touch with a ten foot pole. Declining to extend a discount is one thing, and your perogative, threatening to sue someone for speaking their dissatisfaction means, imo, that you aren't very high quality human being, much less a business-man. Hopefully, lots of people googling the name of your company will now come to this site and be forewarned - by your own self-incrimination - to not do business with you. My God....

Dear tanstaaf1,

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to threaten Mr. Quixote for his response. If someone tried to harm your reputation with an untrue story, would you be disappointed!!!!

Thanks....

This is getting waaaayyyy beyond the scope of what CocoonTech.com is all about! :D I'm making one of those very rare moderator decisions and locking this thread.

Thanks for understanding!

BSR
CocoonTech.com Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back