Meedio TV Available July 27th

BraveSirRobbin

I just received an Email from Alan Cheslow, Vice President of Marketing for Meedio announcing their planned release of Meedio TV on July 27th. Features of this software are listed as:
  • FREE integrated Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with listings from Tribune Media Services.
  • Support for third-party EPG services based on XMLTV.
  • Multi-tuner viewing, timeshifting and recording with conflict detection.
  • Search and browse recorded programs by time, channel, keyword, title, cast, or any custom-defined categories.
  • Search scheduled broadcasts by time, by channel, by title, by keyword, or by cast and credits.
  • Recordings automatically added to the Meedio media library.
  • Supports external tuners through composite and S-Video inputs.
  • One-time or repeating recordings with repeat detection and prioritization.
  • Records in a background process when Meedio is not running.
  • Auto-delete recordings, manage hard drive space, and create recording quality profiles.
  • On-screen configuration wizard.
  • Manages special European channel and frequency assignments.
  • When used with Meedio Essentials, provides a seamless and fully customizable interface to digital photos, music, movies, news, weather, games and over 200 application plugins.
Images of this software can be seen HERE.

The screenshots look promising, hopefully the backend is very stable. The only thing I couldn't tell from the screenshots is if it supports HDTV.

electron said:
The screenshots look promising, hopefully the backend is very stable. The only thing I couldn't tell from the screenshots is if it supports HDTV.
I'll Email Alan and ask that question!

This is a quote from their forum:

"Many additional features including HDTV support, remote / client tuners, and a web interface will be scheduled for subsequent updates. "

So definitely not in the initial release.

Back