• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

my current wiring for speaker/siren

v1rtu0s1ty

Ok guys, I'm reviewing my wiring diagram. Right now, I'm looking at the speaker/siren wiring. I'm using 18/4 and I have a long wire from the speaker/siren location downto to the headend. Since I will be using m1xin that is also hooked to the m1dbh board, can I terminate the speaker/siren to the m1xin board so that I don't have to run a very long 18/4 downto the headend anymore? If it's possible, is there any extra wire I need to add from the m1xin location downto the m1dbh or m1?

Thanks,

Neil

v1rtu0s1ty

WayneW said:
the XIN has nothing to do with siren/speaker.
Ok. Just want to make sure from what I understand from your response. I should not connect the speaker/siren to the XIN expander board. I was hoping that I can save wires. :)

I will push through with old wiring for the speaker/siren.

Thanks.

Neil

Spanky

Connecting a siren to the M1XIN Input Expander will do lots of NOTHING!! :)

Speakers should only be connected to Output 1 or Output 2 on the M1. If you have a self contained siren you could use a relay output like Output 3 and write some Rules to turn it ON and OFF. Output 2 can also be configured in the Installer Menu Global setup as a voltage output to control a self contained siren.