My UPB Experience So Far

The dimmers dissapate maximum wattage when they are at the 50% level. Above or below that they dissapate less, so 50% is worst case. If they are good at 50%, they are good to go.

Well, the dimmers are in and the programming has begun. The possibilities are endless, though that stupid delay is not growing on me. In fact, it keeps getting more annoying. One things for sure, SA's staff are very knowledgable and friendly. The UPB software seems pretty simple. No major problems so far... just a few minor quirks that might be worked out with proper programming. Full report after I've played with it for a while.

The possibilities are endless, though that stupid delay is not growing on me. In fact, it keeps getting more annoying.
Have you set the speed of the switches in UPStart to .8 or snap?
Dave

The delay is really pretty small, so maybe you have a different problem. I measured it using some test equipment and were talking 0.35 seconds.

I dont care for the delay, but there is one thing that might be related that I find really annoying. I have a 240 unit with the quad rocker. One of them is controlling a local load (main room light) and the other is controlling a Lamp Module.

Whenever I try to turn on both lights manually I have to wait a few seconds (about 2?) after pressing the rocker of one light before pressing the second one. If I press them too fast one of them does not turn one (I think the second rocker responds, but the first one dont).

Has anybody seen this?

I'll have to create a link that turns on both lights to solve this problem. Any other idea?

Now that the holidays are here I've been adding some modules for the holiday lighting. I also added the scheduler which works great!! A few weeks ago I added relays to my fireplaces and now they too are controlled by UPB... it's nice to turn the fireplace off with a table top switch and not get out of bed to do it.

By the way, after the project I eneded up with about 7 extra US11-30 switches in white. If anyone is interested in picking these up cheap before I put them on eBay, let me know, [email protected].

Back