Need a Gate/fence opener - whats the best brand?

treo650

New construction is at the finishing phase, and we are now time for iron work / fence

I am VERY CLUELESS on Gate openers. can someone please recommend a GOOD COMMERCIAL GRADE unit?

Preferred to be fast opening and QUIET.

My specs needed
  • 22 foot fence
  • sliding gate, not sure on total lbs, but I would imagine under 1000lbs
  • In Southern California, L.A area
The gate installer quoted me a $1,200 price + $45 wire enter kit, installed for an Eagle 2000 1/2 HP motor found here:

http://www.pattonscorp.com/catalog/Ornamental-Supplies-Automatic-Gate-Openers-and-Accessories-Automatic-Gate-Openers/c49_193_78/p477/Eagle-2000-Commercial-Slide-Gate-Opener/product_info.html

---I am open to ideas and brands, what do you have? Do you recommend it? Looking to spend <$2,000

thanks in advance

I have a few chamberlain sm3000u's (I think that is the model number) for cantilever gates. They are heavy as hell and these perform really well. I would suggest them. Their tech support is dealer network only - not really willing to help the diy person like me but I like them. Also for swing gates i heard linear makes a good operator. Good luck.

I don't have a recommendation because I have gotten out of the gate controls market. I can advise that you consider the possibility of entrapment. Make sure the closing force is not a danger to pedestrians and if it is drive thru gate there are safeties. It's weird with motor driven gates, people do the weirdest things when they panic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Back