New Alexa "Announce" Feature

upstatemike

Having fun playing with the new Alexa "Announce" feature and seeing a lot of applications for it (especially as an easy way to call for help when elderly family members fall or just need assistance). Wonder when this feature will start getting incorporated into automation platforms for system announcements?

upstatemike said:
Having fun playing with the new Alexa "Announce" feature and seeing a lot of applications for it (especially as an easy way to call for help when elderly family members fall or just need assistance). Wonder when this feature will start getting incorporated into automation platforms for system announcements?
That's a great feature.  If I could incorporate that with home automation, I'd buy more echos for every room.

ano said:
That's a great feature.  If I could incorporate that with home automation, I'd buy more echos for every room.
It also solves once and for all the question I had about what to use as a modern replacement for the "page all" feature of my Panasonic phone system.

Do Alexa enabled speakers like eufy support all of the native features like calling and intercom? I thought those features only worked on actual Amazon Echo products.

Back