New Elk M1 beta firmware released to beta testers

trmitche

Do any of the below fixes (from the release notes of the beta M1 firmware released today) have any bearing on the phantom wireless zone violations that have been reported by myself, IVB and others recently? I.E THIS THREAD ? I was woken up by a siren again at 3AM, when the front door sensor decided that it had been opened (it hadn't, and it's 20 feet line-of-sight from the receiver with a verified strong signal). I almost wet my pants this time guys. Please tell me one of the these fixes is an attempt to address this issue, because I can't trust my alarm system right now and that is a very big deal to me.
  • RF transmitter supervision time fix.
  • Fixed Shatterpro glass break detector to work with Option 2 enabled.
  • Turned off low battery and supervisory transmitter flags when disabling a transmitter.
  • Fire Supervisory value changed to accept a 2 or 3 value as fire supervisory.
  • Fixed an issue with RF Supervisory missing transmitter signals.

Do any of the below fixes (from the release notes of the beta M1 firmware released today) have any bearing on the phantom wireless zone violations that have been reported by myself, IVB and others recently? I.E THIS THREAD ? I was woken up by a siren again at 3AM, when the front door sensor decided that it had been opened (it hadn't, and it's 20 feet line-of-sight from the receiver with a verified strong signal). I almost wet my pants this time guys. Please tell me one of the these fixes is an attempt to address this issue, because I can't trust my alarm system right now and that is a very big deal to me.
  • RF transmitter supervision time fix.
  • Fixed Shatterpro glass break detector to work with Option 2 enabled.
  • Turned off low battery and supervisory transmitter flags when disabling a transmitter.
  • Fire Supervisory value changed to accept a 2 or 3 value as fire supervisory.
  • Fixed an issue with RF Supervisory missing transmitter signals.

I took a quick look on the Elk M1 Dealer Website and did not notice the release you mentioned. Are the beta releases generally available or are they restricted to a select group?

There is a diagnostic display for showing the RF receiver data that is being transmitted. PM me and I will show you how to turn on the diagnostic data. You will have to let a PC connected to your M1 run and record the data. With this data we can track down the culprit.

I think I was only on the list because Elk had a very specific need for folks who were having particular problems with RP on Vista. I fit the bill and Spanky pointed me to Tim Duncan. I helped Tim test his fixes on a few Vista bugs for the upcoming RP release, and so he put me on the list. Spanky - sorry if I wasn't supposed to disclose anything, I didn't even think about that. I bet I won't be on the next one now!

Also, I was not trying to be derogatory about the Elk receiver, I just notice that this occurs with a different transmitter each time.

I am more than willing to get you the diagnostics. I have a pc that is always running RP on Vista, connected via ethernet. However, it is running Tim's RP .19 Alpha, would that affect the diags? If so, I can do it on my XP partition running .18

Have you already had IVB try this? PM is on the way....

Back