New Thermostat for M1?

gcimmino

Time to replace a non-communicating Aprilaire 8570 'stat with one that hooks to an M1.

In other jobs I've used an HAI RC-80 and a RCS TR40, both hooked to M1-XSPs.

I started with the current XSP manual and the supported choices seem to still be the RCS TR16/40, the higher end Aprilaire 8870 or the HAI line.

However:
  • RCS has a new site and the TR series are not to be found on it, leading me to think they're about out the door.
  • Same for the Aprilaire 8870 which is shown as a "non-current" product on Aprilaire's site.
  • So, is my only forward looking choice the HAI line?
It's a single stage gas furnace with A/C, nothing fancy. I'd like to keep the costs down, so I'm thinking of accepting that I'm going with old tech and getting a TR16. I'd lose the humidity and external temp display of the current 8570, but those seem to start with the RCS 2000 at over $300 not including the sensors.

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks

I did speak with someone from RCS and they are selling the TR60 now, which is the replacement for the TR40. I have a TR40 and have been happy with it.

I'd also speak to the engineers at Elk regarding anything they know about interfacing with newer devices, as I'm sure they're involved with their integration partnerships.

Back