New version of CQC has been posted

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Charmed Quark Systems, Ltd is proud to announce the 1.6.20 release of CQC (the Charmed Quark Controller), its software-based control and automation system.

Charmed Quark System's automation products provide robust, flexible, and cost effective control of lighting, HVAC, security, home theater, media data, and other systems. It is available in various configurations, which will scale to meet your needs, whether large or small, open or secure, a single room or the whole home. Build your own hardware, or use our pre-built systems. Do it yourself or pair up with one of our integration partners, whatever fits your needs and budget.

What's New
---------------------------------------

Version 1.6.20 is a 'patch' release that provides a number of fixes, small and moderate improvements, and new drivers. The most significant new features are:
  • Interface 'Keypad' Features. A number of features have been added to the user interface system to support the implementation of keypads, for things like entering channel numbers or logging into security systems. The static text widget now supports a 'secret mode', allows you to set a maximum entry length, allows you to provide a regular expression for validation of the entered value, and allows you to cleanly deal with errors caused by the use of the entered value.
  • New Drivers. A number of new drivers are provided in this version for the Krell HTS 7.1, Sensatronics thermos, Lutron Homeworks, JVC HD2K projector, Rotel RSP 976, and AcessIO digital input/contact closure PCI board.
  • Improved Drivers.. The HAI Omni Pro II driver was extended to support more UPB commands and humidity/temp zones. The Parasound C1/C2 and Runco VX-1000 drivers were substantially updated.
  • Bug Fixes. The major bug fixes in this version are dealing with IP V6 systems correctly, dealing correcty with systems where the task bar is not on the bottom, a possible scenario where configuration repository corruption could occur, and dealing correctly with screen resolutions changes (mostly due to use of remote desktop.)
Give it a Whirl
---------------------------------------

The product is available in a 30 day unencumbered form, so you can use it to it's fullest extent during that time, in order to see if it works for you. If you decide to buy, you can just license your existing installation, so that you won't have any interruption of your work done during the trial period. To download the installer, click the Try/Buy tab of the main web site menu, or the Try It button in the upper right hand corner.

Then go to the Learn tab of the new web site, and select the Quick Tutorial link, which will talk you through the whole process. You might want to go through the Using CQC section (also under Learn) first, but if you are hands on person you can just dive right in and come back to the Using section later.

Our license is a site license, and all our device drivers are part of the package. So there's just one base package and a few optional packages to choose from. You can then run the client services on any other devices in your home network that you choose.

* There are two versions of the CQC product, a DIY version and a professionally installed version. The DIY version is available for purchase on the web site, and at a very reasonable price, in an 'as is' format, with best effort support provided purely through the CQC support forum.

Oy - how could dean forget about the 2-way TheaterTek IP driver that's part of this release - it's my favorite part!!

Oops, the TT driver was a last minute addition, and I stole the new stuff list from a list I'd written a little earlier.

It's never been formally added. I know it was being worked on, but I don't know if it was sent ot me to add or not. If it was, then I must have missed it.

Back