Non-PLC...

noshali

Hi,

Is there a system out there (for lighting) that does not use the powerline to transmit on/off like x10 or insteon.

The reason why I ask is that my cousin lives in a coutry that is 220 volts and he has tried the 220v x10 with very disappointing results.

We were hoping that there is a system that uses cat5 to send the commands diretly to the switch and turn them on or off. So in other words the switch has a cat5 type interface plus it is connected to the power. The Ha commands are sent via cat5 to the switch.

Please let me know as he is contructing his new house and wants to make sure that he gets the wirign done beofre hand.

regards,

>What is the average cost per switch? Just to get an idea.

$60.00 AUS for the standard wall switch......up to $250.00 AUS for a Saturn glass switch

HTH
Frank

FrankMc said:
>What is the average cost per switch? Just to get an idea.

$60.00 AUS for the standard wall switch......up to $250.00 AUS for a Saturn glass switch

HTH
Frank
Thanks FrankMC,

Just curious..what are you using the standard switches to control with. For eg macros, events etc.

I don't think these are supported by the Elk??

regards,

When i say standard switches i mean they look like standard wall switches but the have cbus electronic boards behind them.....Here in Oz they are bringing out an interface for the Elk M1 so cbus commands can be sent from the Elk m1........

hth
Frank

Thanks...yes it helps....i am sold on the elk and have sold the idea to my cousin so we were looking at the solutions where 220v will work best.

Does he need anything else for hardware like a hub where all the cat5 connect. could not find much info nt he website.

Also, I need to get info from you on the IR system that you have....just want to clear this hurdle of the lights.

regards,

.Thanks...yes it helps....i am sold on the elk and have sold the idea to my cousin so we >were looking at the solutions where 220v will work best.

So your cousin is not based in the states then ?? 220v....

>Does he need anything else for hardware like a hub where all the cat5 connect. could >not find much info nt he website.

No , but he needs to house the dimmer + relay modules.......Also Clipsal have their own cat5 cable which is 240v rated...its pink in colour.........

Heres some info on my cbus installation

http://www.hobby.armaghelectrical.com.au/page38.html

>Also, I need to get info from you on the IR system that you have....just want to clear >this hurdle of the lights

No problem

HTH
Frank

Back