Ocelot making morning coffee

I also have the first gen, and no they don't.

Some of my carpet has too plush of a pile, and it won't work at all there.

Also, if you have any area rugs, with "Fringe" on the ends, well, like any vacumn, it will just get stuck.

The instuctions with my first gen, still suggested using a regular vac for normal cleaning on a regular basis, and just use the Roomba in between to keep the floors looking "presentable".

Rupp, are you sure your WIFE needs a new vacumn? (or is it for you?) ;)

(I do the vacumning at my house)

my wife made it clear that she doesn't want a stinking robot replacing her, so no roomba here! That's just my luck, I am married to one of the few women who like cleaning ;)

Did anyone happen to see Saturday Night Live last night?

They had a fake commercial for the Woomba, a small pink version of the Roomba. It was designed to clean a different area (I can't bring myself to describe it, but the name should give it away).

I found the commercial quite amusing. Part of that was the fact that these things are becoming mainstream enough that people would understand what the commercial was based on.

The devices were quite determined to carry out their duties. Chasing women across fields, etc.

JB,
I rarely vacuum but the wife rarely vacuums as well. Right now the kids take care of most of the floor duties. But at this very moment I'm shopping for a new vacuum. We have always had canister style but I think I will look at an upright this time.

I can remember back 2-3 years ago when we first started talking about roomba on the HS board. If you recall...one of the main features we wanted was integration with HS. hehe.......that still isn't possible, at least as far as I know.

BTW I mean integration for a real person, not someone in the basement with a soldering gun ;)

justonemore said:
I can remember back 2-3 years ago when we first started talking about roomba on the HS board. If you recall...one of the main features we wanted was integration with HS. hehe.......that still isn't possible, at least as far as I know.

BTW I mean integration for a real person, not someone in the basement with a soldering gun ;)
HEY!!

I'll have you know I'm in the attic, and with a soldering iron! :)

One of the sites I went to when doing research on the new Discovery SE was roomba review. The first ones were not so good when it came to vacuuming but really high in cool factor. According to most of the folks in the roomba review forum they have fixed the biggest problems with it in the latest model. Naturally, there are still folks who have bm&c's (bitches, moans & complaints) but you find that with any product. The people who had both the older and the newer model had enough positive things to say I thought it might be time to finally give it a shot since I've been holding off for a couple of years waiting for it to get better.
Here is the link for that forum for anyone interested.
http://www.roombareview.com/chat/

Back