Omni pro 2, HAI LCD, PC Access 3, connecting issues

wassefkamal

Hey guys I'm new hear. I was hoping someone could help me figure out my issue. I just moved into a new home that came with an Omni Pro 2 a key pad in the master bedroom and an HAI LCD screen downstairs. The system works fine but I wanted to purchase the PC Access 3 1106w software to be able to program stuff from my computer at home and to use superlink application (Android). My issue is that the software is not communicating with the system now. I tried every avenue but nothing. I have a message on the bottom of my PC Access window that says OFF-LINE. not sure what to do next. I connected the Ethernet cable from the Opmni Pro 2 to my router/hub and I'm using my computer downstairs that is connected to the network. Please help.

First you need to make sure the OPII is configured to be on the same network as you. If you go to the one of the consoles and hit the 9 key and then 6 (I think for Misc. setup) you should be able to see the IP address of the OP as well as get the two encryption keys that you will need to talk to the controller.

If the OPII doesn't have an IP address that matches your network, you'll need to change it (via the console) to match. Many times routers are 192.168.1.1 by default, so make sure that the OPII is on the same subnet (i.e. 192.168.1.x). If your computer running PC access is 192.168.100.1 then you need to make sure the OPII is on the 192.168.100.x subnet. You can get the IP address of your computer by going to a command prompt and running "ipconfig /all".

In PC access, you need to go to Options -> Network and enter the IP address from the console and the two encryption keys. Once that's configured, you should be able to go to Connect -> Network. If it connects, it will say ONLINE (TCP) and have a Status/Control tab that appears along with Setup, Automation, etc.

so it looks like my ip address is 192.168.1.XXX and the HAI LCD panel says 192.168.0.XXX.  You mentioned that I need to make sure that the omni pro needs to be on the same ip network, how do I change it via counsel?  Would I do it in the LCD panel or would I need to connect a laptop to the Omni pro board via Ethernet? p.s I went into the pc access software under options and network and made sure that the encryption key is the same as what was in the LCD Panel.  a

You can change it with the keypad.

One more thing. JUST because the console diaplays an IP address, especially the default one, DOESN'T mean your panel is connected to your network. Make sure an Ethernet cable IS connected on the top, and that the LED near it flashes.

You can also connect to the panel via a serial cable and plug the cable into one of the serial cables. (It takes a special cable.)

so I think I got it to work.  I made sure that the ip address was in the same network and when I changed it to UDP, it now says ON-LINE (UDP).  

Back