One wire and ELK...

Bumping for update and for a question of my own.

I've seen a lot of talk about integrating temp and humidety sensors with the Elk, but how about the Gypsum Soil Sensors?

It'd be great to be able to use that in conjunction with the Rain8 to avoid over watering and supplement natural rain watering when necessary.

Spanky,

Add my squeek for interest in humidity sensor for M1 control of my bathroom exhaust fan after showering. Also I live near the coast and closet humidity is another area I would like to monitor and trigger vent fan

robolo

Spanky,

Where is ELK at with the release of a 1 Wire solution?

Time to get wiring in the final plans. ;)

Cheers,

Fleetz

Spanky said:
There is an upcoming access module for the M1 or EZ8 that can accept 26 bit Weigand prox readers and the Dallas iButton 1-wire devices that will include a 1-wire temperature sensor. 8 to 10 weeks away.
Sorry to be an Aussie pain Spanky but would be kinda neat to get the poop the whole poop and nothing but the poop! :(

I am in the vinegar stroke of finalising wiring plan and would be nice to have this in or out of the equation. I don't need any hardware for probably 6 months or longer as it is not life threaten in the house design but would like to incorporate the 1 Wire if it is still a reality from ELK.

Is it still working it's way through to the market?

Would be neat to know some form factor and how many 1 Wire devices it supports with a proposed how to wire to it eg, target cable, cable lengths, star - serial or combination of both type info so cable could at least be put in to the dry wall.

Hope this is not putting too much pressure on you....I have heard you thrive on it :D

Regards,

Fleetz

There is an upcoming access module for the M1 or EZ8 that can accept 26 bit Weigand prox readers and the Dallas iButton 1-wire devices that will include a 1-wire temperature sensor. 8 to 10 weeks away.

This pesky aussie ain't going away :) OK Rocky hand over da bird!

Regards

Fleetz

Fleetz,
We are waiting on production boards from the Aussie's. They are coming by slow kangaroo!!! LOL.

Fleetz,
We are waiting on production boards from the Aussie's. They are coming by slow kangaroo!!! LOL.

Hi Spanky,

At the risk of starting an international incident dare I ask if the slow kangaroo has arrived! :)

Let me know if it hasn't arrived and I will convert the kanga into a Kangaroo Vindaloo, hop on a plane and deliver the bloody thing myself! :huh: This is giving one of symbols on our Coat of Arms a bad name....... :D

Kanga_Back.jpg

This is a photo of a couple in our backyard which happens to be a National Conservation Park. If you have a preference for one to deliver the board point the Kanga out and I will arrange for that one to deliver it....obviously the one Greg has chosen is a lame duck! :p

Cheers,

Fleetz

PS ...an update would be kinda nice too!

Since it's been 8 months, can we at least get some kind of info on cost? My temp sensing plans have been put on hold for this, but I never expected it to take this long. I'd hate to get a year down the road and discover it's not cost effective, and that I could have done something else a long time ago.

Back