Open Source software like DVD Profiler

shaurya

Hello All,

I am looking for an open Source/Free software like "DVD Profiler". I need to start cataloging my collection and need this (like DVD Profiler) software only as an intermediatory. I will eventually export to a HTPC software like Meedio/GB-PVR/media-portal and/or Automation software like CQC/MainLobby.

Key Consideration-
1. OpenSource
2. As Capable and as popular like DVD Profiler
3. Really liked the webwiew of DVD Profiler.
4. Good repository of plug-ins.
5. Connectivity to IMDB.
6. Good Export/Import functionality

I have yet to try DVD Profiler so don't know much about its features and capability. I did some searching on sourceforge.net and found this one so far...
MeD's Movie Manager

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.
Regards,
Shaurya

Hello All,

I am looking for an open Source/Free software like "DVD Profiler". I need to start cataloging my collection and need this (like DVD Profiler) software only as an intermediatory. I will eventually export to a HTPC software like Meedio/GB-PVR/media-portal and/or Automation software like CQC/MainLobby.

Key Consideration-
1. OpenSource
2. As Capable and as popular like DVD Profiler
3. Really liked the webwiew of DVD Profiler.
4. Good repository of plug-ins.
5. Connectivity to IMDB.
6. Good Export/Import functionality

I have yet to try DVD Profiler so don't know much about its features and capability. I did some searching on sourceforge.net and found this one so far...
MeD's Movie Manager

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.
Regards,
Shaurya

If you go with MainLobby, you won't need the above as we have a complete media recognition, media management, media presentation and launch and automation in an integrated package. New stuff coming out soon that takes this to a new level.

Hello DavidL,

Thanks for your response. At this time I have not decided b/w CQC/ML. Right now I am simply building a catalog for my media and need an app just to catalog my collection.

Any suggestion would appreciated.

Regards,
Shaurya

Hello DavidL,

Thanks for your response. At this time I have not decided b/w CQC/ML. Right now I am simply building a catalog for my media and need an app just to catalog my collection.

Any suggestion would appreciated.

Regards,
Shaurya

And that could be MainLobby Combo and DVDLobby. This will import from DVDLobby and Movie Collectorz right now.

Mainlobby is a modular approach, you buy what you need, when you need it.

Do you really need open source or is shareware good enough?

I'll have to hunt down my list, but IIRC there were some shareware options.

BTW, it used to be that DVDProfiler was free if you didn't want the hi-res images - is that not true anymore?

Hello DavidL,

Thanks for your response. As I have not decieded b/w CQC/ML, I would not be able to commit my time/resource to Cinemar products at this time.
I however would appreciate if you can suggest any free/shareware/opensource software for my requirement.

Hello Vivek,
DVDProfiler now stops after 50 DVD's in the database. I meant any freeware/shareware/opensource software that has active development and is popular.

Regards,
Shaurya

What about My Movies for Media Center? It doesn't require MCE to install, and the cataloging interface is pretty neat. Has no limitations and it's free, but I am not sure if this would do the job.

Hello All,

Thanks Vivek, Dan and Dan. Truly appreciate the help. I now have 4 choices to play with. It would be interesting to see how these stack up in getting information from IMDB etc for all my BOLLYWOOD movies.

Ben,
This software looks amazing and appreas pretty close to DVD Profile. If you have ever used the Profiler, can you provide a brief comparision.

Regards,
Shaurya

Hello All,

Just want to update..Found the following (not all are free/opensource)

Ant Movie Catalog
ExtremeMovieManager
My Movies
DVD Profiler
MeD's Movie Manager
Freedb.org
GTKtalog
diskXplorer
Star Media Catalog
EMDB
DVD Collector
Visual CD