Paypal Advice for a Newbie

gatchel

I have some devices I am looking to sell. I have used Paypal to make one purchase. I have read most of the paypal Premiere account information. Are there any suggestions for selling things via the internet that aren't "in writing somewhere". I'd like to protect myself while also letting the buyer feel comfortable with the purchase.

Also, any other ways to securely do business without using paypal.

Thanks in advance.

I have some devices I am looking to sell. I have used Paypal to make one purchase. I have read most of the paypal Premiere account information. Are there any suggestions for selling things via the internet that aren't "in writing somewhere". I'd like to protect myself while also letting the buyer feel comfortable with the purchase.

Also, any other ways to securely do business without using paypal.

Thanks in advance.

I use Paypal all the time selling and buying... Ebay and here... have never had a problem.

There are a few other 'money transfer services' out there, but PayPal is by far the most popular..
Pretty sure you don't need the 'Premire' account for small time stuff..from the PayPal site..

"If you have a Personal account, you have the option to accept credit card payments, and you'll pay a small fee if you choose to accept a credit card payment."

so I guess if the buyer uses a bank account as the source for payment (e-check) it's free, if you allow them to use a CC you pay a bit..

I also never 'cahsed out' (ie: took money out of the PayPal account)..I have always just left it on account unitl I buy something online, then PP will use the money on account for payment..

Yeah, transfers of cash (ie from a bank account) are free with a personal account. If you have a premier account, you'll pay a % for all money transfered (regardless of source). Premier is probably cheaper if you plan on taking CC transactions regularly, but otherwise you can simply stick with a personal account.

Moving money from you Paypal account to your checking account is simple. You just transfer is to the bank just like you would transfer money to paypal to pay for something. It is free and quick.

PayPal is by no means perfect, and can be a pain sometimes. However it is probably the easies to use and most accepted on the net.

Make sure to sign up for a PayPal debit card (free) when someone pays you with PayPal, that money is instantly avail on the debit card, and you can go to any ATM to take the money out, or use the card as a Master Card to buy anything just about anywhere.

I always just let the money go into the PayPal account, and tried to forget about it (Savings account of sorts) I just emptied it a couple months back when I used it to pay for a white water rafting trip through the Grand Canyon.

If you plan on using PayPal regularly I would recommend getting the PayPal Security Key to protect your account. In order to login you have to enter your password and a number on the key that's randomly generated every 30 seconds. Makes your account (almost) impossible to hack.

Back