pin out for ELK 952 "Control In"

kelargo

Hi

I have a simple question. What are the pin-out for the "Control In" side of the ELK 952? 

The manual for it does not specify and says the cable is not included.  The ELK 952 came with my ELK M1 and this little pigtail was included. Is this what I'm suppose to use? If so, then I guess I need to snip the ends off to fit into the Panel Connector?  I do not know the correct pins in this interface, so I do not really know if this provided pig tail is correct..

If I knew the pin-out for this interface I could just crimp up a RJ45 8 pin connector and make sure the colors for wires Green, Red, Brown, Grey match to the correct slot in the 8-pin connector going into the ELK 952 "Control In". 

Thanks! 

Attachments

• ELK-952.png
    ELK-952.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 13
kelargo said:
Hi

I have a simple question. What are the pin-out for the "Control In" side of the ELK 952? 

The manual for it does not specify and says the cable is not included.  The ELK 952 came with my ELK M1 and this little pigtail was included. Is this what I'm suppose to use? If so, then I guess I need to snip the ends off to fit into the Panel Connector?  I do not know the correct pins in this interface, so I do not really know if this provided pig tail is correct..

If I knew the pin-out for this interface I could just crimp up a RJ45 8 pin connector and make sure the colors for wires Green, Red, Brown, Grey match to the correct slot in the 8-pin connector going into the ELK 952 "Control In". 

Thanks! 

The 952 is a passthru device, and connects between the M1 and your RJ31X jack.  So you should wire the pig tail wires up to the M1 as shown in the M1 manual for the RJ31X connection.  Plug the RJ45 on the other end of the pig tail into the 952, and then plug the output RJ45 on the 952 to the RJ31X.  With the supplied parts, you shouldn't have to add any connectors, unless you are locating the 952 some distance away from where the M1 is installed and you need a longer pigtail. 

Wiring should be as follows:

M1            RJ45    952     RJ45   RJ31X
              pin             Out 

R1   --Grey--- 1 ---- XXX ---- 1 ---- XXX
Ring --Red---- 4 ---- XXX ---- 4 ---- XXX
Tip  --Green-- 5 ---- XXX ---- 5 ---- XXX
T1   --Brown-- 8 ---- XXX ---- 8 ---- XXX

Back