Quality of ELK Technical Support - Outstanding

sandman

Guys

I wanted to publically say "THANKYOU" to Spanky for his damm sheer determination to help me with an issue I had on the ELK. IN the end, It was a case of not having my M1-XEP ethernet expander updated to 1.2.8 (was at 1.2.2) and appears I had a corrupt binary that failed to update the expander previously.....The symptom was that that I couldnt extract the Output names (33-64) to Homeseer or using the M1_SDK.

Spanky never gave up even though I'm sure he wondered what this "Aussie" was doing !!!! Lots of late night e-mails over a few weeks. In the end he found the issue, I downloaded the Binary again and updated the M1-XEP, it all works..

Spanky, thanks mate..... I really appreciated your help and I've shared the outcome with Ness in Australia.

For anyone contemplating buying an ELK product, the "aftersales support" is bloody fantastic. I'm off to buy a few more bits for mine !

Cheers..Pete

i second this. spanky is nothing but helpful on these forums. and on the elk forums, somebody always responds by the next day with the solution to my problems. this type of support adds so much value to the product.

I can attest that they are great. I posted a question on the forum in reference to an ELK rule and got a response within 7 hours from them! So thanks a bunch!!!

ELK is leading the way in the industry in many ways including quality of the products.

Any chance of ELK buying SH?? :angry:

Peter,
No problem mate!

I lost a lot of hair beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what the problem was. Everything worked on my system at ELK, but the output names could not be read for outputs 33 and above on your system. Turned out that the M1XEP version had to be 1.2.8 or above to support reading the expanded output names.

It was a pretty neat experience poking around in your M1 from half way around the world in the middle of the night for you using the Internet. I though about setting off your siren, but I might wake up a kangaroo or two!! :lol:

Have a g'day mate!

Just to keep this thread alive... Add me to the cheering section as well.

Bought a KP1 from Ebay and it came without a wiring harness... a quick email or 2 and presto! A new harness shows up in my mailbox a few days later! (we won't talk about KP tho.. no bootloader, etc.. AUGH! )

THANK YOU !

Just to keep this thread alive... Add me to the cheering section as well.

Bought a KP1 from Ebay and it came without a wiring harness... a quick email or 2 and presto! A new harness shows up in my mailbox a few days later! (we won't talk about KP tho.. no bootloader, etc.. AUGH! )

THANK YOU !

First I agree that ELK Tech Support and Customer Service is awesome (although in all honesty I have rarely used it since there is almost never a need).

I am curious about the KP keypad. It came without the harness and without a bootloader installed. Did these fall off the truck (or kangaroo)? I see them on ebay also and the price is so low it sounds to good to be true. I could use another keypad but I have hesitated buying the ebay one. A friend ordered one and I never asked him if he got it yet. I expect I will get a phone call if there is no bootloader and I will have to slep over there and help him.

Digger,

You should have received a wiring harness and all the software should be installed.

We secondary test all the keypads before shipping.

You can reload the application code if it has been erased. No bootloader requires a return to the factory.

That kangaroo must have been hiding that keypad in an undisclosed place! :)

Digger,

You should have received a wiring harness and all the software should be installed.

We secondary test all the keypads before shipping.

You can reload the application code if it has been erased. No bootloader requires a return to the factory.

That kangaroo must have been hiding that keypad in an undisclosed place! :lol:

Actually it has no bootloader installed. Brad is already sending me a harness (your CS is very fast all kidding aside). I will have to give ELK a call next week and arrange to send it in for an oil lube and filter. Its missing everything but the door and the mounting plate (jumper, stickers, the screw to hold it to the mounting plate) and has a downloaded copy of the installation instructions. I will have to give you a call so we can discuss.

Tomorrow I will be visiting some old friends of yours and mine about a test :) I defintely give them a run for the money and I have lots of changes being made to their requirements. Its amazing what you can do from the outside.

Back