rescue me

IVB

I am at the worlds slowest and latest wedding. I'm 1 hr away from my house, 8:40pm, sunday night, dinner nowhere in sight, and 2yr old and 4yrold are wired on the bars of chocolate that were the table gifts. I wouldn't give them any, but grandma/grandpa are at the next table over and snuck them 4 pieces. wife won't leave for reasons I don't comprehend...

don't these people realize I've got a dsl filter, an autopatch, and a dozen other HA toys just sitting waiting for me at home? Hello, these things won't install themselves!

send lawyers, guns, and money.

sometimes you just need to give in and sit with glazed eyes and shake your head.... enjoy the time with your wife (and kids) and then remember you can do that stuff another day... :unsure:

p.s. the tanks of sleeping gas are on their way

Being married for 10 years I try and educate those thinking of marriage of all my experiences ..................... so I dont have to attend their weddings :unsure:

Luckiliy my wife doesn't Coccon...............

Just switch into voyeur mode and take in the scenery. There must be SOMETHING - um, SOMEONE who could take your mind off the new toys... of course, your wife is there, too...

LOL

huggy59 said:
Just switch into voyeur mode and take in the scenery. There must be SOMETHING - um, SOMEONE who could take your mind off the new toys... of course, your wife is there, too...

LOL
No. Not even one. Out of probably 300 guests too. Actually, my wife was one of the hottest women there, but what fun is looking at her :unsure: I was watching the single guys with quite the humorous looks. At least they only gave up a Sunday night to go to a wedding where there was no possibilities.

And, man, that was painful. All they had was this horrific vegetarian bland food. We "almost" left at 9:45, then the music started and my 4yr old and 2yr old RAN to the dance floor. I may be a jerk, but I can't say no when all they wanted to do was dance. So we stuck around for another 45 mins. Got home at 11:15-ish (did 90 the whole way home), kids were up every 90 mins as they both caught colds. Ended up drinking 8 cups of coffee to make it through the day. I have a 6 hour meeting tomorrow, i'll catch up on my sleep then.

I'd install my new MOXA 8port serial card tonight in the machine i'm setting up as a 2nd server, but I just don't have the energy. All this social stuff is seriously putting a crimp in my HA plans...

Back