Sage TV PC's Client Sound Garbled, Channel Missing for HD Channels

BraveSirRobbin

I just upgraded to the latest SageTV and Client software and still have this problem.

On my SageTV main machine, I have an ATI TV Wonder HD600 USB tuner connected to an external HD antenna and am able to view HD video on my client computer via the Client software without any stuttering.

The only problem is the audio is 'garbled' and one channel is very low (when listening to stereo headphones).

I am using the on board motherboard's sound and the installed audio codecs are shown in the attached pic.

The operating system is Windows XP with all the latest updates and service packs (on the client PC as well as the main PC).

Do i need another audio card (for the client) that specifically supports the audio in the HD source? If so, what specs do I look for?

I don't mind buying additional hardware if it fixes the problem, but wanted to see if this was indeed a hardware or possible software problem.

Notes: When I view any non-HD channels on my client, the sound is correct. When I view HD channels on my Sage-200 client, the HD sound seems fine as well.

Attachments

• codecs.gif
    codecs.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 11
Back