Scheduling to the Nearest Second

upstatemike

I was setting up some timed events in Homseer and noticed that I can only specify times to the nearest minute. I am used to scheduling to the nearest second in PowerHome (which lets me do some cool sequential stuff) and was kind of surprised that Homeseer could not do this. I also looked at the new Universal Devices controller and it is limited to the nearest minute also as is the Elk M1. So now I am wondering what other systems or software have this limitation? Or maybe it would be easier to list which systems CAN schedule events to the nearest second... HomeVision? ECS? Is anybody else scheduling to the second?

I'm not sure about others, but Homeseer was founded on X-10, and since the X-10 protocol is not very fast (can take several seconds to transmit and process), it made no sense to tie events to the nearest second. The delays in Homeseer events can be in seconds, however.

I'm not sure about others, but Homeseer was founded on X-10, and since the X-10 protocol is not very fast (can take several seconds to transmit and process), it made no sense to tie events to the nearest second. The delays in Homeseer events can be in seconds, however.

Good point... So I can have a timed event at HH:MM and then the first action could be wait XX seconds to get the precise trigger point I want. Should do the trick!

FYI:
The next software upgrade release of the M1XEP Ethernet Module will include a daily time update request to WWV to keep the M1's time absolute.

FYI:
The next software upgrade release of the M1XEP Ethernet Module will include a daily time update request to WWV to keep the M1's time absolute.

Cool... does it just reset the seconds or will it correct the time if the hours and minutes are wrong? And will you be able to set time triggers in rules that include seconds (Whenever The Tme Is 12:00:33 AM for example)?

FYI:

While I freely admit that I am not an expert on Elk programming but I use a count down timer for my irrigation system.

Not at my Elk RP but it goes like this:
zone 1 shuts off
set an output to 10
every 1 second reduce output by 1
when output = 0 start next zone

This works very well.

How does the XEP receive shortwave radio signals? :) I assume you mean the XEP will get its time from an internet time source? That is a nice improvement. Will we have control over the source?

Back