Smarthome INSTEON Alliance Passes 300-Member Mark

Hi, Ted from Embedded Automation (mControl) - just wanted to factify:

mControl works with XP Pro, XP Home, Win 2000, MCE 2005. For non-MCE machines, you can use IE6. This probably covers about 90% of the computers used in home automation.

We support 2-way INSTEON already, but for v1.30 to be released in November, we will have 2-way feedback for INSTEON switches and automatic linking (no button pressing). We also have a new feature for hybrid X10 and INSTEON environments.

Hidden agenda? Absolutely...I have a house full of insteon products and want to get everything automated. I replaced every x10 switch/lamp/appliance module that I can but nothing is automated. I have a pretty decent sized investment in my house and I want it all right now! :p

I stand corrected, I read the reviews when mControl first started supporting Insteon. However, until Smarthome releases software to support there own hardware, anything released by third party vendors is questionable (due to Smarthome changes).

TCassio said:
However, until Smarthome releases software to support there own hardware, anything released by third party vendors is questionable (due to Smarthome changes).
That makes no sense. The Insteon protocol exists and works well. mControl exists and works well The Hal beta exists and works well. Smarthome isn't going to mess that up.

Back