Sound Problem

kccustom

After I installed my M1XRF2G at the end of my bus I have been having intermittent sound problems, ie when my garage doors open I have a rule set to say "west/East garage door open" I am noticing that it is sometimes not saying the whole phrase, also when arming at the 10 seconds left mark the "time about to expire" message cuts out completely except for a short burp. I have rewired the 2 8ohm speakers and any phrase I send to the elk gets played in its entirety. Where do I start to try and trouble shoot this problem.

it is wired like this:
elk1.gif

After I installed my M1XRF2G at the end of my bus I have been having intermittent sound problems, ie when my garage doors open I have a rule set to say "west/East garage door open" I am noticing that it is sometimes not saying the whole phrase, also when arming at the 10 seconds left mark the "time about to expire" message cuts out completely except for a short burp. I have rewired the 2 8ohm speakers and any phrase I send to the elk gets played in its entirety. Where do I start to try and trouble shoot this problem.

it is wired like this:
elk1.gif

Did you start by calling ELK Tech Support? That's always my first stop before doing intense investigative work.

-=*Sharby*=-

Looks like that is what I am going to have to do, I was hoping that someone might have had a similar problem and Tech support was probably still sleeping when I thought to ask.

I have been having similar problems but do not have the M1XRF. The main time I seem to notice it is during a double key press to Arm Night Mode. I hadn't thought much of it until I read this thread.

Please post if you hear of a fix.

Back