Suitable iButton 1 wire humidity/temp devices for the M1KAM?

fleetz

Spanky illuded in a post that there were suitable humidity and temp sensors iButton 1 wire devices that interface to the new M1KAM unit.

Could someone help me with which devices are suitable? I am looking to install a humidity and temp sensor on a wall in our family room and ideally would like something that is suitable and cosmetically appealing.

Cheers,

Fleetz

I know that our line of Humidity and Temperature sensors work with the Elk. Spanky used one of our devices to add 1-Wire support into the M1.

I will say that they are not very cosmetically appealing at this point. We are looking into make a version that would look better mounted on an internal wall but have found a suitable case yet.

You can see them here.

Eric

Spanky illuded in a post that there were suitable humidity and temp sensors iButton 1 wire devices that interface to the new M1KAM unit.

Could someone help me with which devices are suitable? I am looking to install a humidity and temp sensor on a wall in our family room and ideally would like something that is suitable and cosmetically appealing.

Cheers,

Fleetz

I know that our line of Humidity and Temperature sensors work with the Elk. Spanky used one of our devices to add 1-Wire support into the M1.

I will say that they are not very cosmetically appealing at this point. We are looking into make a version that would look better mounted on an internal wall but have found a suitable case yet.

You can see them here.

Eric

Cheers,

Fleetz

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the reply.

I take it that a H3-R1-A and a CHT-R1-A housing is the most cosmetically appealing option at the moment for a humdity solution with the ELK M1? I agree that a nice clean soilution will be well recieved and will in increase interest without doubt. In most cases as is mine a blank mounting plate with inserts that accept say RJ45 sockets that would accomodate the Dallas sensors, behind the plate you could locate the supporting electronics for the sensor. Effectively hidding the "ugly" bit, that said I have no issue with loaded PCB's I use to design and manufacture TV Broacast equipment! :rolleyes: It just needs to suit the application and destined environments.

That all said I will order the above. I realise the M1 will only see it as a temp sensor but that is OK 0-100 will enable me to do what I need to do.

I will keep an interested eye on the whizzo version over time!

Regards,

Fleetz

Remember it is one 1-wire temperature or humidity sensor per M1KAM, because it looks like the temperature sensor on a keypad to the M1 system.

Remember it is one 1-wire temperature or humidity sensor per M1KAM, because it looks like the temperature sensor on a keypad to the M1 system.

Hi Spanky,

Thanks for the reminder it is appreciated.

I have just pre-wired the new house with about 8kms of cable....7 locations with cables buried waiting for a nice looking temp sensor :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Cable will hopefully be broken through someday soon.

I have worked around the humidity issue using just the one Hobby-Board sensor and a M1KAM. Still not sure it will work here as Greg indicated it is not support in Australia. I am buying a sensor and M1KAM to suck it and see!

Building in the tropic is kinda an interesting excercise especially in the peak of the wet season. The fisrt company that has a humidity sensor with RH of 101% will be on a winner! :lol:

Kind regards,

Fleetz

Back