Support For Configurable Ramp Rates in Lamp Modules

GraysonPeddie

Hi. Which lamp modules have support for configurable ramp rates? I'm pretty much used to Insteon and I thought I can get better support for more devices by switching to Z-Wave. Another reason is that ControLinc and RemoteLinc looks kind of bulky, IMO. Does Intermatic HA03C and HA05C have support for configurable ramp rates?

It takes me a while to do a search, so I came here to ask.

One reason why I need configurable ramp rates for a single device is this:

• I can use a ramp rate of 0 when a phone is ringing or if I get a visitor from a front door.
  • For daytime, the ramp rate can be set to 6 seconds when I turn a lamp on or off.
  • For nighttime, the ramp rate can be set to 15 seconds when I turn a lamp on or off.
  • For watching a movie, fading from 25% to 0% for 10 seconds would be nice.
  • Around 5:30 on the morning, I can have the light turned on to 100% with a ramp rate of 127 seconds.

For that, I'm going to have my server act as a Z-Wave master controller for my apartment. Additionally, I wanted to write my custom application instead of using commercial software.

Here's what I get the information when it comes to doing a research:
http://forums.controlthink.com/t/892.aspx (scroll down to "including ramp rates" in paranthesis)

Since I use Insteon, I'm pretty much a ramp rate freak, so I'm thinking I might have to pony up $$$ to get Vizia RF lamp modules for home automation setup (that is, if Intermatic's line of dimming products don't support configurable ramp rates).

Back