Test the Elk M1 XEP Ethernet interface online!

electron

Administrator
Staff member
If you have always wondered what the M1XEP ethernet interface offers, then here is your chance to take it for a test drive. Elk is now letting visitors to their website log in to the XEP interface connected to a live M1 alarm system. Check it out here:

http://www.elkproducts.com/products/m1/M1_Live_Demo.htm

Keep in mind that the M1XEP offers many other interesting features as well.

From what I can tell this demo shows you what how ELK RP (seperate software program to buy) would work/look like using the M1XEP to connect to the M1 over ethernet.

I have a M1XEP module and it doesn't do that!

I think you are confusing this software with Elk RM. Every M1XEP offers this web interface, you just have to configure it through Elk RP.

Yep, indeed I am confusing it with Elk RM.

That being said, I am able to connect the M1XEP to the control and have done some configuring. I have not seen how to get to this type of interface. What am I missing?

simply point your web browser to the IP address of your XEP, and the java interface should load. Make sure you configured a user account, and that you have the java engine installed.

Didn't seem to work for me with Firefox..works with IE which I try to avoid using.

Perhaps I need a java plug or something for Firefox..with IE I got the popup asking if I confirmed but not with Firefox..perhaps its my popup blocker.

Ripper99 said:
Didn't seem to work for me with Firefox..works with IE which I try to avoid using.

Perhaps I need a java plug or something for Firefox..with IE I got the popup asking if I confirmed but not with Firefox..perhaps its my popup blocker.
I bet you just need Java as it loaded fine with FF here..... (latest version it dl update lastnight)

works here as well, you definitely need to make sure that your java engine is configured in firefox as well.

Back