tivo peanut remote 99 cents + $5 s/h

damage

http://sellout.woot.com has the tivo peanut remote for 99 cents + $5 s&h. get $3 for $7.97 shipped. great price for some backup remotes for you tivo users out there. works w/ series 1,2,3 & directivo.

from the woot comment thread, it won't work w/ sony branded tivos...

Very Nice! Just picked up 3 of em, One was enough but 2 more for just $2 was impossible to resist :)
Perfect timing as well, my remote has a couple buttons that are acting up. I plan on having the Tivo with me till the end! I upgraded my DirectTivo to 2 160 Gig Hard Drives, which the Tivo reports as "Recording capacity: Variable, up to 296 hours" :p

I got the new DirectTV box, had it a week and sent it back! It was slow, menu's were horrible to navigate, and the remote just plain sucked!!!!!! Many don't like the peanut remote, but I love it! I can easily use it with one hand, and it is very well laid out, and can do whatever I need without even having to look at the remote, as can all be done with simple "touch location"

got 3 myself in case the dog runs off with one :) people must like the peanut shape - otherwise those harmony remotes wouldn't be so popular.

http://sellout.woot.com has the tivo peanut remote for 99 cents + $5 s&h. get $3 for $7.97 shipped. great price for some backup remotes for you tivo users out there. works w/ series 1,2,3 & directivo.

from the woot comment thread, it won't work w/ sony branded tivos...

THANK YOU!

I have 3 tivos, and 2 of the remotes have been dropped repeatedly...everything still works, but sometimes you have to really concentrate on your button presses...so I got 3.

I was prepared to look for full price replacements!

john, you mean the new directv hd dvr? i think the h21? it sucks?

At first I got the replacement standard def receiver, and it was terrible, sent it back, ripped the dead DirectTivo appart, bought the OS for it, and put 2 new HD's in it. Works great!

When I recently moved, I got the new HD box, and it is the same interface and is really bad as well. What I have noted from it so far:

1) If the power flickers, it takes about 20 minutes before you can use it again (While displaying on the screen almost done... just a few more seconds! LOL)

2) When fast forwarding, it has no "reverse buffer" so when you see the show, have to stop and rewind

3) It is constantly screwing up many shows I record in HD from my local channels, Will record a black screen saying searching for signal (Box reports an average of 98% signal strength on the 6 Satellites)

4) The interface is slow, cumbersone, and has a poor layout. To get to recorded shows:
a.) DirectTivo >Press DTV button, Press select
b.) New DTV HD box Press Menu, Select, Select and down. When opening a show that has more than one it does it in tree view, and is a pain to skip that and move to the next show in the list. A majority of the screen is info and navigation, so you can only see about 4 shows at a time.

5) The search feature hahhah
a.) DirectTivo: DirectTV button, search, type show letters on the OSK, select on the right, press done
b.) DTV HD Box: press Menu, down 4 times, search, select title, select the letters (Cursor is painfully slow moving between letters on the OSK), shows in the right show names. Press right arrow, select the show, (does another search) shows channels its on, select one, pick options, cursor right to select save.

6) When scrolling through recorded shows in the list, press the down button every second or so SLOWLY!, DO NOT HOLD it, or go any faster, as when it gets to something you are interested in, the "buffer" will scroll about 10 lines below where you wanted it to stop! It's like working with an old 286 computer!

7) To record a season pass for the show you are watching:
a.) Tivo Press green thumbs up, and select record season pass.
b.) HD box Press info, then scroll to more info and select it, scroll down to record, scroll to season pass and more options, select record season pass, select OK to record, press exit, and exit again

If someone never had a standard Tivo, they may not notice how cumbersome it is, but once having a standard Tivo, there is absolutely no comparison!

And the remote?!?!?! What were they thinking?!?!?!
RMRC23.jpg

The Pause button at "7 O'clock, and that small? Also, this may not bother some, but the remote is very top heavy. Making it even harder to hold the very bottom of the remote far enough down that you can use your thumb for the channel and vol buttons.

Also the Vol and CH buttons are almost impossible to use when holding the remote with one hand as if you hold the remote in your hand as low as you can, your thumb is to high to reach them easily.

19REMOTE.coverxl.jpg

Now this is simplicity & functionality at it's finest!

In my perfect little world, I could upgrade my old Tivo to work with High Def TV :)

My 3 remotes got here today. Very nice! Thanks for the heads up to the Woot link! I am gonna have to add that link to the main Woot one that Samantha (Home Seer) reminds me about every night.... "Here is the Woot Deal for Today" :(

Back