Triggered amplifiers

I have been considering adding more amplifiers to my Russound setup, and I have decided to save on power I want to stick with a triggered solution. I have one used D250LS, which run about $100 on eBay. There are several more of those floating around, but I can't help but think I'd be very happy with a lower cost solution, especially considering some of the lower cost amps available.

I've found Audio Source, but they are fairly expensive as well. Does anyone know of other triggered amps on the market?

Very nice.

Here many years ago did a primitive manual AB switch thing for the zones.

IE:

Master bedroom / master bath were two Russound zones.

Had an AVR in master bedroom and a 5.1 speaker set up - 2 of the speakers where zoned audio from the Russound.

AVR in family room was one source of audio for Russound.  During family get togethers enable all main floor zones, garage and deck audio zones.

Using the AB switch would switch audio on speakers from local AVR to Russound zoned audio.

After all of this never really watched TV in the bedroom.  (don't watch much TV any how).

Only stuff I have ever seen like that are either hacked jobs using a 12 volt relay to provide power to the amp, or to use car audio amps that use 12 volt triggers natively.  Either way you will have some wiring on your hands.

neillt said:
Only stuff I have ever seen like that are either hacked jobs using a 12 volt relay to provide power to the amp, or to use car audio amps that use 12 volt triggers natively.  Either way you will have some wiring on your hands.
Most 12 trigger control outputs would now have sufficient current capacity to power a 12 volt amplifier.  Add a relay control device.

ecborgoyn said:
Most 12 trigger control outputs would now have sufficient current capacity to power a 12 volt amplifier.  Add a relay control device.

That's what I am saying, it will take a relay wired to the trigger to control it.

Back