Update on new ELK offerings?

fleetz

Would be nice if David could give us an up date on the following products. These all have been mentioned during last year and based on indicated time frames should be close to bubbling to the surface.

1. 1 Wire temperature sensors

2. Russound CAV / CAM touchscreen interface

3. Wireless interface that interfaces to the data bus. Ness are about to release this here in Australia and I suspect it will similiar for the ELK M1
* will support up to 15 Rx modules
* support 48 zones of wirless
* be enrolled on the data bus

I think we all understand that R&D is not an exact science and timetables change for any number of reasons. I believe there are a good number of us that would appreciate an updated timetable.

Regards,

Fleetz

Fleetz, have you Aussie's heard the old saying "If I tell you, I'll have to ... you!"

anyway,

1. The prox interface, iButton, and 1wire interface has been released to production. No availability date yet.

2. The Russound/CAV upgrade to ELKRM is in local Beta Testing. I have one channel of the CAV6.6 in my office and control it with my PC. I have a choice of FM/AM, Sirrius Satellite, and CD's. We just have not added other audio sources to the CAV unit yet. I love it!! The system allows the Russound system to be controlled via the internet from anywhere. The system requires a new ELK Ethernet interface. No availability date yet.

3. The M1XRF RF Receiver is in final Beta Testing. FCC is complete. It allows the M1 to support up to 144 wireless zones using the GE/Caddx crystal transmitters. Ness has a version for the Ness Security Transmitters.

4. Single gang speaker on a plate, ELK SP12F is available now. It is a custom designed 32 ohm speaker on a single gang wall plate that can handle the equivalent of 40 watts. The great thing about this speaker is 8 of them can be wired in parallel and still only have a 4 ohm load to the M1 amplifier. I have found the 32 ohms work with most all alarm controls and sound applications. It is plenty loud for indoors and runs very cool. It is a great, low cost speaker solution.

...plus much more!!

EHX in Orlando should have many announcements.

Hi Spanky,

Thanks and yes I have heard about " If I tell you, I'll have to ... you!" I think the missing words are "admire you"........... :) Or is it one word :blink:

Thank you again for your up front and centre response.

1. We all await keenly the availabilty date. I am currently doing a final cable plan for the new house, can I assume that the sensors will be serially connected? I would at least like to sling in (Aussie for chuck B) ) cable into the pre wire /rough in stage. If I use it, I use it, if I don't then at least it is there. What cable would you prewire, Cat5, 4 core security or ??

2. Assume you are saying that a new hardware ethernet interface adaptor is required to enable the Russound CAV to interface. I have vertically mounted the ethernet board into an ELK housing, at this stage would the new one occupy the same board real estate?

3. Cool.. I have ordered the Ness version

4. Is there a version with a microphone or are they speaker only?

......plus much more!!......you wern't a stripper in another life were you? :D

EHX.......might come over and throw a rock on your roof... Aussie for might cover over and see you!

Cheers,

Fleetz

Spanky said:
2. The Russound/CAV upgrade to ELKRM is in local Beta Testing. I have one channel of the CAV6.6 in my office and control it with my PC. I have a choice of FM/AM, Sirrius Satellite, and CD's. We just have not added other audio sources to the CAV unit yet. I love it!! The system allows the Russound system to be controlled via the internet from anywhere. The system requires a new ELK Ethernet interface. No availability date yet.
So, the Ethernet interface I just bought last week is obsolete already? (partial :blink: )Any trade-up or upgrade offers for existing owners? I'm looking to install a Russound system and the integration would be awesome. Just would suck to have to shell out another $200+ for a new ethernet interface after just buying one.

I agree that having to replace the existing Ethernet interface would be a pain. Hopefully it would have enough new features to warrant the investment. I think the biggest issue with the current interface was SMTP email authentication which I'm sure Elk fixed by now since I've not seen any posts on it lately.

My biggest "wish" from any new Elk product offerings would be the ability of the Elk Z-Wave interface to capture status of the devices. Currently I am "sniffing" the RS-485 data bus with a PIC microcontroller to capture device status changes and setting an input to High or Low depending on the message received from the affected Z-wave device. I'm running out of inputs with this method and its kludgy, but it works fine.

Just my .02 :blink:

Is it even possible to find out from a link request which devices to poll for an update? I would definitely like to see this feature added as well, just not sure if it's possible.

All your M1XEP Ethernet modules are OK.

The new ethernet module I was referring to enables the Russound CAV system to get on the Ethernet from its RS-232 port. It is a stripped down serial interface only. No webpage nor M1 connection like the M1XEP. This new Ethernet module will normally be mounted behind the Russound CAV rack. The module is in a plastic box with a DB9 serial connector on one end and Ethernet on the other with a power input connector for a wall wart power supply.

UPB and Insteon has had some recent improvements on the next M1XSP module software update.

Back