Vented Knock-out Plugs?

Hi folks,
I have an Onq Legrand 28" structured media cabinet that is surface mounted, not recessed.  I'm using one of the side knock-outs to bring in my wiring.  The Onq Legrand SMC's have three 2.5" openings at the top of the cabinet to accommodate 2" conduit.  Onq sells knock-out plugs, but you have to order 10 of them at $6.00 + each, and I don't think they're vented.  I'd like to vent the cabinet, but also keep things from falling into the cabinet from the top.

Does anyone know of a source for vented knock-out plugs, maybe plastic or vinyl?

Thanks.

Rickm15752

I haven't seen and vented plugs but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. How tight does the door close? More than likely you will get enough air infiltration around the door. Hot air will rise and leak out of the top of the door.

Can't remember if it's Steel City or not, but they used to make knockout seal kits for battery boxes that were vented/drilled/screened. Been a few years since I had to think about it.

Thanks for all the replies.  I thought about the vents from Home Depot, and I looked at the Heyco website. The Heyco website has just what I need, but I don't know if Heyco sells through distribution or direct from the manufacturer.  I emailed them to find out and hopefully will have some answers next week.  Thanks again.

BraveSirRobbin, I thought about that too.  But, I wanted something that would look prefabbed rather than something I did by hand.  I think Heyco has the solution and I hope they don't require a 100 minimum order.

I just received an email from Heyco.  If you visit their website www.heyco.com you can check out a list of their distributors.  Also, it appears you can place an order directly with Heyco.

Thanks everyone.

Back