Wall Plate for UNO-S2 & Compoint

jag90

I am working on the wall plate solution for putting an UNO-S2 together with a Compoint. Can I use the screwless wall plates from Russound? Or will the standard 3-gang plates work better? Either way I assume that I will have to cut one of the dividers between the two spaces. What is the best way to do this?

Or should I just run these systems into separate boxes i.e. a 2-gang and a 1-gang next to each other?

Thanks,
Jeff

I am working on the wall plate solution for putting an UNO-S2 together with a Compoint. Can I use the screwless wall plates from Russound? Or will the standard 3-gang plates work better? Either way I assume that I will have to cut one of the dividers between the two spaces. What is the best way to do this?

Or should I just run these systems into separate boxes i.e. a 2-gang and a 1-gang next to each other?

Thanks,
Jeff

Keep them in one 3-gang box and cut one divider out of a 3-gang wall plate. You can use any type deocora wall plate that you wish. I've used the standard Leviton wall plates (with screws) and also screwless wall plates from Leviton & Lutron. If you order a 3-gang screwless wall plate from Russound, you'll actually get a Lutron Claro wall plate.

I've got a jig setup on a router table that makes quick work of this, but you can use a dremel tool with cutoff wheel or just a simple fine toothed hacksaw blade to remove one divider and then clean up with a flat file.

unos2_compoint.jpg

Cheers,
Paul

Wondering why Leviton doesn't make a wall plate specifically for the UNO-S2 + Compoint.

I'm wondering why Russound doesn't sell a custom plate.

The Compoint systems seems cool, but personally I don't want yet ANOTHER item on my wall. If popular enough, hopefully we'll see a combination UNO-S2 and Compoint in the same 2-gang controller.

Of course, then I'll have to sell my 12 UNO-S2s on eBay!

Wondering why Leviton doesn't make a wall plate specifically for the UNO-S2 + Compoint.

I'm wondering why Russound doesn't sell a custom plate.

Russound has been talking about making this wall plate available since the introduction of ComPoint, but it hasn't materialized yet.

I can knock these out very quickly now, but would still prefer to just purchase them!

Cheers,
Paul

Worthington Distribution (and ASIHome) has been selling these since November of '06. They are screwless. Russound p/n RS7106526831. For Dealer/Installers give Worthington a call at (800) 282-8864, Consumers/DIYer's should call ASIHome at (800) 263-8608.

Enjoy.

Worthington Distribution (and ASIHome) has been selling these since November of '06. They are screwless. Russound p/n RS7106526831. For Dealer/Installers give Worthington a call at (800) 282-8864, Consumers/DIYer's should call ASIHome at (800) 263-8608.

Enjoy.

Do you have a part number at ASI Home? I searched using the P/N above, and looked through the site under intercoms, and audio distribution, and did a search for wall plate, and could not find it.

Enjoy.

Do you have a part number at ASI Home? I searched using the P/N above, and looked through the site under intercoms, and audio distribution, and did a search for wall plate, and could not find it.

You have to call in. We do not put Russound on the website. If you have any issues, ask for Barry.

Thanks,

Barry.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the lead! I didn't know these were available yet...

Cheers,
Paul

Back