Washer machine with a high WAF rating ...

electron

Administrator
Staff member
The BBC news site posted an article about a spanish designer coming up with a washer machine which won't allow the same person to start the machine twice in a row. This might become a serious problem for the men who aren't helping their wives with the chores already ;)

You have to hook it up to a PC so it can learn your fingerprint, then once disconnected, a fingerprint sensor connected to the start button will do the rest. The article mentions that one of the other benefits would be that it won't allow your kids to start the machine, but I have a feeling many parents would be thankful if their kids would start doing the laundry. I really can't see this machine become a big hit, but it is an interesting/funny idea for sure.

You can hear an interview with Your Turn designer, Pep Torres, on the BBC World Service Everywoman programme on Tuesday 3 May. He also talks about another of his inventions which encourages men to do more ironing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4504393.stm

This would have a low WAF rating in my house, since I do the laundry. . .(I would like it, though :p )

I would settle for these type appliances to have either an X10 Powerflash type module included or at least a relay contact to let you know when its running and finished.

John

jwilson56 said:
I would settle for these type appliances to have either an X10 Powerflash type module included or at least a relay contact to let you know when its running and finished.
Hey, this is the wireless age !

It should call you on your cell phone.

Back