WC8 questions

Wow, this is so funny :)
I have never seen that customer who has experience with this stuff for few weeks only, knows the stuff better than people who suppose to support the product :)

Support, do you understand English at least ?
I already do not expect you to understand your own opcodes :)
Do you understand that I am not talking about theory- I am talking about the real stuff!
TSTEQ IPINV1[43200000] 1 VAR1 DID WORK AS INTENDED! Do you understand that? It worked, practically. :)
It went to Movement  as soon as IP1 went from 0 to 1; waited 12 hours since last IP1 pulse to go to Vacant

Moreover, VAR6 flipping does not cause any problem either! Want to know why is that?

Because I fixed the problem with emails! How? I just added delay for input IP3 that causes sending email from EM3, so that it will be time for sending email from EM1 first.
I added delay 10 seconds, that was enough to separate timing for sending 2 emails.
Yes, VAR6 is continuing flipping, but who cares? It works :)

Support, you can keep saying that it will not work- it is really funny :)

Hi Bedi,

I am glad it working for you.

As far as how those OPCODE works, VAR6[43200000] will flipping following the motion movement. IPINV1[43200000] will stay high when input is high, only when input low longer than timer expires, it will then go to low.

If you think you know this product better than me, then welcome to this forum to help others. I don't feel offended at all.

Happy Holidays!

I am glad it working for you.
Yes, and the way I fixed that just confirms that the current firmware has a bug when 2 emails should be sent at the same time- just as I explained many times, from the beginning.
What I did is just workaround: I just make sure emails do not sent at the same time. 10 seconds delay makes this work.
But this is workaround, so fixing the firmware would be nice. The first step- just to acknowledge that it has a bug. :)

IPINV1[43200000] will stay high when input is high, only when input low longer than timer expires, it will then go to low.
Read the entire code, not just the beginning. it compares with 1. Because it compares with inversion. This means that actually it compares with 0; the inversion here is for delay only- the delay will work as intended this way: I need delay after IP1 goes from 1 to 0. It works, PRACTICALLY :)
As of VAR6- just no comments :D

If you think you know this product better than me, then welcome to this forum to help others. I don't feel offended at all.
Sadly, this is what is true, evidently :) . It was frustrating at the beginning but funny at the end. I think you should learn better the stuff you suppose to support.

By the way- the chip that is used for inputs and outputs buffer in WC8 is not 74LV245.
Hint: Google "LJ245A"

Happy Holidays!

Hi Bedi,

In your setup, what is motion sensor output when no motion detected?

TSTEQ IPINV1[43200000] 1 VAR1
GOTO VACANT
GOTO MOVEMENT

when no motion detected, IPINVx[y] must return 1, otherwise, it would keep going into MOVEMENT.  VAR1 value probably can help to see what IPINVx[y] actually returned.

From programming point of view, it is a lot easier to have state machine, so that triggering only has effect in VACANT state.  It is very hard to  debug a logic when triggering can be anywhere and GOTO to check triggering many times in a second.

As we have talked to you about updated your board with latest firmware, we would appreciate if you update your firmware then letting us know the result.  AS to LV245 or LJ245A, we are not sure which function differences to your application.  They suppose function and pin compatible to LV245.

We appreciate you feedback. Happy Holidays!

Bedi,

We made slight adjustment to mail queue logic to 3.03.23 firmware, then tested with PLC code, it does received as sequence sent.
Please update the firmware and let us know if that totally satisfied your needs.

Thanks!

Back