When Robots Rule The World

electron

Administrator
Staff member
GENEVA -- The use of robots around the home to mow lawns, vacuum floors and manage other chores will increase sevenfold by 2007 as more consumers snap up smart machines, the United Nations said.

That boom coincides with record orders for industrial robots, said the U.N.'s annual World Robotics Survey, released Wednesday.

The report, issued by the U.N. Economic Commission for Europe and the International Federation of Robotics, said that 607,000 automated domestic helpers were in use at the end of 2003, two-thirds of them purchased that year.

Most of them — 570,000 — were robot lawnmowers. Sales of vacuum cleaning robots reached 37,000.

Read the rest of this article (Wired News)

Wasnt someone on this site trying to make a robot. I would like a robot that is automated to vacume the floor everytime i leave the house. This way the floor is nice and clean everytime i come home and i dont have to deal with alot of noise while im home.

A robotic snowblower would be nice also...

they sell robo vacs already, not that expensive either unless you want the top of the line stuff like Electrolux. One company is working on a robo snowblower, but it wouldn't work where I live, that's for sure :D

Squintz said:
I would like a robot that is automated to vacume the floor everytime i leave the house. This way the floor is nice and clean everytime i come home and i dont have to deal with alot of noise while im home.
The Roomba vacuum robots get pretty good reviews. I'd get one myself, but then I'd have to clean all the junk off the floors to give it room to operatie.

http://www.irobot.com/consumer/why_roomba.cfm

I have a Roomba too. It works OK in room without a lot of stuff in it.

The biggest problem is remembering to charge it up.....

Back