Which fused output does ELK's 140ma current get pulled from?

shenandoah75

I'm assuming the latter, but Aux or +VKP? Or is it on it's own so i have a full 1.25 and 1.25amps available on each of those?

referring to the this comment in the manual:
M1G "Board only" non-alarm
current draw = 140mA ( .14 Amp )

thx in advance
-brad

I'm assuming the latter, but Aux or +VKP? Or is it on it's own so i have a full 1.25 and 1.25amps available on each of those?

referring to the this comment in the manual:
M1G "Board only" non-alarm
current draw = 140mA ( .14 Amp )

thx in advance
-brad

The 140 ma is what the M1 itself uses and is not calculated into the available current (it is not from either of those outputs). The VAUX and VKP outputs are each individually PTC protected. I forget the total current available but I think it might be 1.5 A between the two and then an additional 1 A of alarm current.

If you need to meet the UL requirements the currents are lower for standby.

Best to check the manual for the exact numbers of everything.

The keypad power, aux power, smoke power... are separately fused with a PTC ( positive temperature coefficient) resetable breaker. You can not draw from each output the fuse rating. You will overload the power supply if you do this. The total supplied current from the M1 must be calculated by adding together the current from each device connected to a power supply outputs.

An interesting note on resettable PTC breakers, if you short out a breaker, it gets hot and shuts down. The current load must be reduced to a point that the PTC can cool down before it will reset. Sometimes you have to turn off the controls power and wait a minute to allow the PTC to cool down before it will restore itself. The plug in transformer is the same way. If you have overloaded the plug in transformer and it shuts down, you will have to wait several minutes for the transformer steel to cool down so the the PTC will reset.

Ya totally understood - guess i should have said or in my original statement - my question was simply which of the PTC's do i count the M1G's own current draw against?

sorry for confusion
-brad

Back