Who / What done it? Why? II

I think it is pretty clear what really happened here. Some poor homeless person got some free dental work from a generous benefactor only to end up dead in a swamp a few days later next to a pile of Brian Laundrie's clothes.. Those fresh dental records were switched with the real ones for Brian Laundrie and as soon as they had a confirmation that the body was Brian's it was whisked off for cremation before anybody could think to take a second look. 

The only real question is whether Brian stuck around long enough to do this himself or was it done for him after he was already long gone just to stop anyone from looking for him.

NY Post
November 23, 2021 1:26pm

Brian Laundrie, the sole suspect in the death of Long Island native Gabby Petito, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, a lawyer for the Laundrie family said Tuesday.

“Chris and Roberta Laundrie have been informed that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and the manner of death was suicide,” attorney Steve Bertolino told The Post. “Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families.”

A forensic anthropologist determined the manner of death to be suicide.

Or somebody with Brian's clothes and doctored dental records died in a staged suicide. We may never know for sure.

upstatemike said:
Or somebody with Brian's clothes and doctored dental records died in a staged suicide. We may never know for sure.

While I think this possibility is far fetched, a DNA test would quickly determine if this was true or not.  Officials are not going to "rush to cremate" the body given how much public interest there is in this story.

Plus you are giving Brian and his family way too much credit here.  The guy was dumb enough to use her credit card after he killed her.  He isn't a criminal mastermind that planned the perfect murder.

sic0048 said:
While I think this possibility is far fetched, a DNA test would quickly determine if this was true or not.  Officials are not going to "rush to cremate" the body given how much public interest there is in this story.

Plus you are giving Brian and his family way too much credit here.  The guy was dumb enough to use her credit card after he killed her.  He isn't a criminal mastermind that planned the perfect murder.

I don't think he planned anything... probably a crime of passion. The mastermind is the person who orchestrated his escape, not Brian himself obviously. If DNA would confirm the ID it is strange that it hasn't already been done instead of relying solely on dental records.

upstatemike said:
I don't think he planned anything... probably a crime of passion. The mastermind is the person who orchestrated his escape, not Brian himself obviously. If DNA would confirm the ID it is strange that it hasn't already been done instead of relying solely on dental records.

DNA tests take time.  I'm sure they have submitted it, but it's not like all the crime shows where they get DNA results back in 20 minutes.  My understanding is that it usually takes months to get results back.

We (peanut gallery) won't know anything probably until the whole thing is sensationalized with some fiction for a TV special in the next few months.

Back