• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

WidgetStation

acheslow

Here's an interesting new product which may have promise as a front-end for home control / automation. I guess price will be a big factor.

From http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3494/emt...hnologies_preps :
Hot. Hot. Hot. Love Chumby? You'll like WidgetStation even better (at least I think so). Like Chumby, WidgetStation makes extensive use of widget applications – designed in-house or by users – that extend the devices capabilities and brings all kinds useful information and entertainment media. But unlike Chumby, WidgetStation can access the Internet via Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or a USB computer connection. Two other features standout as well... Widget Station has a dual screen that provides a monochromatic LCD for information like time, date, temperature on the left and a full color LCD on the right for dynamic widgets. The other thing that I like is that it runs Linux and is powered by Python (both essential technologies in the hacker/developer community). No official word on price, availability, or what specific technologies are used to create widgets. Stay tuned.