Zwave whole house scene w/32 device limit?

We have just started playing with the various Zwave lighting controls products and I was wondering how you guys address whole house scenes from the standard scene controllers since they have a 32 device association limit? I guess a work around would be for a 3rd party panel to fire multiple scenes within a scene from a standard 4 or 5 button scene switch? Can this be done with ElK or HAI? Lets say a goodnight scene beside the bed?

We have just started playing with the various Zwave lighting controls products and I was wondering how you guys address whole house scenes from the standard scene controllers since they have a 32 device association limit? I guess a work around would be for a 3rd party panel to fire multiple scenes within a scene from a standard 4 or 5 button scene switch? Can this be done with ElK or HAI? Lets say a goodnight scene beside the bed?
Do you want a whole house scene or zone? Zone reaction time is instantaneous but with Scenes the controller has to individually talk to each associated node in turn so you might run into undesired results with a scene that big.

Do you want a whole house scene or zone? Zone reaction time is instantaneous but with Scenes the controller has to individually talk to each associated node in turn so you might run into undesired results with a scene that big.

Like I said I am New to Zwave, but many of my upb clients love one button whole house scenes: 60 dimmers do X, Y, and Z. We have several 30-60 sixty load homes without a true automation panel, just a UPB timer. With Zwave it looks like I will need to sell a omni panel or ? to get the same function? Thanks for the reply.

Back