Panasonic IP Camera's 12 Vdc Connectors

Digger

Does anyone know where to buy the 12 vdc plug that is on the power supply that comes with most of the Panasonic Camera's? I have a camera without a power supply and just want to run it off a regular 12 vdc supply anyway since it has battery backup etc.

A buddy of mine is dealing with a similar situation. He blew it when he tried to fish the end of the PS cable down a wall and it got stuck (and yes, I DID laugh at him). I've urged him to just solder the connection. It doesn't get much easier and you get immediate results. I'm sure it will void any warranty so proceed at your own risk.

Does anyone know where to buy the 12 vdc plug that is on the power supply that comes with most of the Panasonic Camera's? I have a camera without a power supply and just want to run it off a regular 12 vdc supply anyway since it has battery backup etc.
Hi,

I am assuming you are in the U.S. If so then the easiest (but not the cheapest) place is probably your local Radio Shack. You will need something like this. There are a few different sizes so the best idea is probably to take your existing power supply or camera with you and compare.

Paul

Hi,

I am assuming you are in the U.S. If so then the easiest (but not the cheapest) place is probably your local Radio Shack. You will need something like this. There are a few different sizes so the best idea is probably to take your existing power supply or camera with you and compare.

Paul

Radio shack does not carry the connectors with the center pin (its just not a straight barrel type connector that is commonly used). I think Panasonic went to a slightly unique one so that people do not use power supplies other than there own.

Radio shack does not carry the connectors with the center pin (its just not a straight barrel type connector that is commonly used). I think Panasonic went to a slightly unique one so that people do not use power supplies other than there own.
Hi,

Sorry I didn't realise that. My Panasonic camera uses a standard DC barrel connector and it uses the same model power supply (although googling indicates that there are quite a few different suffixes for that power supply).

They must have changed the connector. Is it the type that has a socket in the middle on the camera and needs a pin inside the barrel on the plug? Like some new laptops use?

There are some here.

Paul

Hi,

Sorry I didn't realise that. My Panasonic camera uses a standard DC barrel connector and it uses the same model power supply (although googling indicates that there are quite a few different suffixes for that power supply).

They must have changed the connector. Is it the type that has a socket in the middle on the camera and needs a pin inside the barrel on the plug? Like some new laptops use?

Paul

Yes it has a pin inside the barrel of the connector. I would love to get a few of these as I would prefer to have my own 12 Vdc supplies with battery backup run these camera's. In addition I have one that I want to someday mount remote with a solar cell and a 12 Vd battery.

I dont want to hack a camera that is over $500 and sealed for outdoor use.

I think I may have 3 of these from a recent install I did using some videoalarm housings. Can you post or PM me a pic?

They came with a housing that has a universal setup and are not needed for tha application I am using them for.

I think I may have 3 of these from a recent install I did using some videoalarm housings. Can you post or PM me a pic?

They came with a housing that has a universal setup and are not needed for tha application I am using them for.

Thanks but I actually found some online for about $2 a piece. I will give them a try tomorrow.

THanks again!!

How do you get a connector like that onto a cable? Do you just solder the wires to the pins? Trying to figure out how to make mini stereo jacks for IR dsitribution. Seems like it would be tedious to solder 3 connectors on that..i suppose you can buy a pigtails, splice it and wrap it in electrical tape, but that just sounds too amateur for my taste..there has to be a better way..

Back