Don't know how I missed this, but I saw a print ad for the new Nuvo 'Music Port Elite'.
Found the press release from CEPro
I can't seem to figure out the benefit over the MPS4. Spec sheet not yet available. Expected shipping 4th Quarter.
Remote access to a home library seem to be a feature. Direct video output, for metadata, is also mentioned.
Wish list for the MPS4 FW update includes FLAC, gapless playback, and external HD capability.
Sounds like it's based on the Mirage Media Server, which could add a video output, "cloud sync", etc. I just looked on NuVo's site, and they added a CEDIA preview link (no data beyond this, though).
The iPhone app would be a welcome addition. And since they're giving away an iPad at the show, might be able to draw the conclusion that the app is iPad-aware, too. I assume this is the Autonomic app that was supposed to be out "real soon now", too...
From the NuVo site about their CEDIA booth:
- Our latest incarnation of the NuVoDock offers the same benefits and advantageous control of the remote and wireless versions, but now in an on-wall package for convenience and the cleanest installation imaginable.
- NuVo Control: now there’s an “app for that.” Navigate all the audio content and capabilities of your NuVo suite through the handiness of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Compatible with any NuVo system operating a Music Port or Music Port Elite.
Music Port Elite
- Meet the master of audio sources, our new Music Port Elite. This latest component features the same great functionality as our Music Port, plus additional abilities such as: Control compatibility with partners like Crestron, AMX, URC, and RTI; Cloud synchronization and network storage for truly limitless audio accessibility; Scheduling and display output.
- Announcing the next step in simplistic design, and exquisite performance, for the retrofit market: NuVo’s freestanding Renovia. This new form factor of our groundbreaking PowerLine-based system provides an alternative to the in-wall zone amplifiers of the original Renovia. Utilizing the same technology to distribute audio and metadata over a home’s existing electrical lines, the freestanding Renovia employs detached modules for amplifying the audio in each zone, simplifying the installation for areas where wall construction might prohibit cutting. No electrician required.
D460 Digital Power Amplifier
- The second of our digital power amplifiers, the D460 carries on the NuVo tradition of versatile and efficient amplification. Operating at 4 x 60 watt, the unit boasts a light weight and single rack design and is 4-8 ohm stable with selectable ohm ratings.
Single Point Stereo Speaker
- Our upcoming in-wall stereo speaker is optimized to produce a stereo image from a single speaker component. It employs a three-way design to maintain stereo imaging throughout the critical midrange frequencies, and features an easily painted, low profile grill for a nearly invisible installation.