Nuvo Music Port MPS4

Awesome! Are Pandora and RadioTime fully functional on the NuVo keypads? Right now I can only select Pandora radio stations via the Music Port Client.

Yep! Fully functional from the keypads!

Jeff
Sweet! Thanks Jeff. I'm up and running Pandora and Radiotime.

Mark, I'm only using Windows Media Player and all is well. One thing to check is to make sure you are using iTunes Version 7 or above.

RA

Awesome! Are Pandora and RadioTime fully functional on the NuVo keypads? Right now I can only select Pandora radio stations via the Music Port Client.

Jeff

Mark, I'm only using Windows Media Player and all is well. One thing to check is to make sure you are using iTunes Version 7 or above.

RA

I just tried it again. Tried everything I could think of. Uninstalling itunes, reinstalling itunes, downgrading to older version, upgrading to the latest version... and every time MCS scans for music it only scans Favorites in Radiotime and doesn't see my itunes library. I contacted tech supposrt and this was the response:

"I've passed this on to our developers to take a look at.

Regards,

Support."

I'm running Xp Pro SP3, Any other ideas to get it to work?

Thx

Can you guys confirm if the MPS4 will load and play WMA Pro Lossless?

Also, any luck with swapping out the internal HD for a large capacity (2tB or so) drive?

Can you guys confirm if the MPS4 will load and play WMA Pro Lossless?

Also, any luck with swapping out the internal HD for a large capacity (2tB or so) drive?

Mirage / MusicPort plays WMA Lossless (my whole collection), so I'd assume the MPS4 does - but someone else will probably need to confirm for sure.

Jeff

I'm getting a number of RadioTime stations that don't work - I'm in contact with support (it is Beta, after all...), but just curious if anyone else sees this? Just curious at this point if it's my setup or the software. I suspect it's a bug since I do get a lot of workings stations. Support also mentioned that anything from a ClearChannel station won't be available due to licensing. (like we'd listen to a ClearChannel station when there are other options!!!).

Anyway, if you can, try any of the SOMA.fm stations: Music->Internet Only->SOMA FM->Groove Salad and see if you get any sound. "Groove Salad" is one of my favorite Internet Radio stations anyway...

Jeff

Anyway, if you can, try any of the SOMA.fm stations: Music->Internet Only->SOMA FM->Groove Salad and see if you get any sound. "Groove Salad" is one of my favorite Internet Radio stations anyway...

Jeff
Yes, I tried Groove Salad and it works fine.

RA

Jeff

RA

I just tried it again. Tried everything I could think of. Uninstalling itunes, reinstalling itunes, downgrading to older version, upgrading to the latest version... and every time MCS scans for music it only scans Favorites in Radiotime and doesn't see my itunes library. I contacted tech supposrt and this was the response:

"I've passed this on to our developers to take a look at.

Regards,

Support."

I'm running Xp Pro SP3, Any other ideas to get it to work?

Thx

I have a Nuvo Grand Concerto, Original Music Port and PC used as a music server running MCS software 2.x. I am using itunes for music. Running no problems.

I downloaded the Autonomic MCS 3.0 beta software and installed it. When it is installed and the software does a scan for music, all it sees is “Favorites.†It doesn’t see my itunes library at all. I have tried on 2 different XP computers and a Windows Vista with the same result.

Sounds like others are having a similar problem.

Jeff
Yes, I tried Groove Salad and it works fine.

RA

Hmmm... Well, looks like I need to try some stuff then. Probably start with the normal full uninstall/re-install cycle...

Jeff

having all kinds of trouble. downloaded the new 3.0 beta this afternoon. installed and works well.

cannot figure out how to get the iphone app working. Went and dropped $20 on it this afternoon and installed on iphone.

everytime i start the app, the app will not connect to the music server. trying to connect to 192.16.0.186 which is my server's address on the LAN. eventually get a message that says your multi-room amplifier or control system was not found.Please check the RS232 cable between the server and your amplifier.

HELP!!!

Jeff
Hello So Does this work w/ the NV-MP and not just the new MPS4? I have Nuvo E6G, Nuvo firmware and NV-MP (old Music Port not
the new server) with a dedicated server and Music port client installed. I can just install the MCS 3.0 over my Nuvo installation and have Pandora and Radio time on the Keypads and use the Mirage Client? Thanks

Jeff
Hello So Does this work w/ the NV-MP and not just the new MPS4? I have Nuvo E6G, Nuvo firmware and NV-MP (old Music Port not
the new server) with a dedicated server and Music port client installed. I can just install the MCS 3.0 over my Nuvo installation and have Pandora and Radio time on the Keypads and use the Mirage Client? Thanks

Yes. I have the same configuration as you do, just install the Beta over your existing install, it should just pick up your installed license and you'll be cooking with gas!

Jeff

For people that have the MPS4... I have a few questions, and reading the manuals don't seem to answer them for me (probably not reading the right places...)

1. For streaming Sirius, how is the quality? How does it compare to the Sirius Tuner?
2. When streaming Sirius, does the Metadata show up at the keypads too? (Basically, is there any reason to get the Sirius Tuner if you have this thing?
3. For Pandora, does Metadata appear on the keypads as well? Can it support multiple Pandora Accounts? (My wife and I listed to different music, and I'd like to be able to transition with as little trouble as possible).

Thanks!

Uh, what's the Mirage Media Server software for? MPS4 functionality using the original/classic Music Port?

Any benefit to running it with the MPS4?

SoonerDoc, did you buy the Autonomic Mirage app? Nuvo app is $100, I've heard.

Back