Nuvo Music Port MPS4

Uh, what's the Mirage Media Server software for? MPS4 functionality using the original/classic Music Port?

Any benefit to running it with the MPS4?

SoonerDoc, did you buy the Autonomic Mirage app? Nuvo app is $100, I've heard.

got it working. unplugged everything and replugged. something probably wasn't seated correctly. i am using the mirage app.

Killer - will do it tonight! Does it copy over the configuration or do you need to set it up again? thanks - I cannot wait.

Awesome! Are Pandora and RadioTime fully functional on the NuVo keypads? Right now I can only select Pandora radio stations via the Music Port Client.

Yep! Fully functional from the keypads!

Jeff
Hello So Does this work w/ the NV-MP and not just the new MPS4? I have Nuvo E6G, Nuvo firmware and NV-MP (old Music Port not
the new server) with a dedicated server and Music port client installed. I can just install the MCS 3.0 over my Nuvo installation and have Pandora and Radio time on the Keypads and use the Mirage Client? Thanks

Yes. I have the same configuration as you do, just install the Beta over your existing install, it should just pick up your installed license and you'll be cooking with gas!

Jeff

For people that have the MPS4... I have a few questions, and reading the manuals don't seem to answer them for me (probably not reading the right places...)

1. For streaming Sirius, how is the quality? How does it compare to the Sirius Tuner?
2. When streaming Sirius, does the Metadata show up at the keypads too? (Basically, is there any reason to get the Sirius Tuner if you have this thing?
3. For Pandora, does Metadata appear on the keypads as well? Can it support multiple Pandora Accounts? (My wife and I listed to different music, and I'd like to be able to transition with as little trouble as possible).

1. Haven't tried it. Who needs Sirius when you have Pandora?
2. see above
3. Yes, metadata shows up. You can also go through the menu system and thumbs up/down songs. The setup only includes provisions for one Pandora account, I think. But I don't see any reason why you can't setup "stations" for you and your wife within one account. That is what we do. The free Pandora account gives you 100 stations, I believe. The Pandora website may have some ability to "send a station" or share stations.

For people that have the MPS4... I have a few questions, and reading the manuals don't seem to answer them for me (probably not reading the right places...)

1. For streaming Sirius, how is the quality? How does it compare to the Sirius Tuner?

Haven't done it personally (have the XM tuner), but it's really a question of Sirius' stream quality vs. the satellite. I don't think you'll hear much difference. The trade off is cost (streaming is like $3/month, but another tuner is $7-9?), availability (satellite vs. internet connection reliability), and stations - the streams are mostly music, not the talk or sports. You'll have to look at the channel list on Sirius' website to see what you'll get and what you won't. At least for XM there are stations streaming that are not on the satellite...

2. When streaming Sirius, does the Metadata show up at the keypads too? (Basically, is there any reason to get the Sirius Tuner if you have this thing?
3. For Pandora, does Metadata appear on the keypads as well? Can it support multiple Pandora Accounts? (My wife and I listed to different music, and I'd like to be able to transition with as little trouble as possible).

Thanks!

Yes, the metadata for all the Radio sources (Sirius / Pandora / RadioTime) all show up on the keypads. Like, duh! that's what they're for!!! <_< :D :D

As for the multiple Pandora accounts, I don't think so - something to suggest to them, though, for the very reason you mentioned. I have made a similar comment/request involving the ability to split the music library into separate pieces - the giant combined artist / album list from everyone in the household (or in my case, very different genre collections that are easily divided into distinct libraries) is a pain to navigate...

Jeff

Installed last night, pulls all the config info and works AMAZING.

Killer - will do it tonight! Does it copy over the configuration or do you need to set it up again? thanks - I cannot wait.

Awesome! Are Pandora and RadioTime fully functional on the NuVo keypads? Right now I can only select Pandora radio stations via the Music Port Client.

Yep! Fully functional from the keypads!

Jeff
Hello So Does this work w/ the NV-MP and not just the new MPS4? I have Nuvo E6G, Nuvo firmware and NV-MP (old Music Port not
the new server) with a dedicated server and Music port client installed. I can just install the MCS 3.0 over my Nuvo installation and have Pandora and Radio time on the Keypads and use the Mirage Client? Thanks

Yes. I have the same configuration as you do, just install the Beta over your existing install, it should just pick up your installed license and you'll be cooking with gas!

Jeff

Not that anyone's asked this (and really only about 5% of people will care)...

I traded a few emails with Nuvo tech support, and apparantly support for Automatic iTunes synchronization for Mac is something that they're working on and hope to deliver relatively soon. (iTunes integration on a Mac is currently manual load only).

They were obviously reluctant to give any kind of firm dates or timelines, but it doesn't sound like it will be a super-long time.

That was basically the final push I needed. My original plan was to set up a GC with a Sirius Tuner and use my AirPort Express for iTunes music. Going to the MPS4, I'll still get the Sirius, (and not have to pay up the full rate for another tuner), I'll get Pandora, and I'll get iTunes music WITH metadata. Now I just have to swallow the cost.

jautor posted that he uses WMA lossless on his MP, as do I.
However, in trying to diagnose a problem with my system, since I've moved it to a thin client, I started wondering ....

Somewhere someone once said that the Nuvo GC doesn't need lossless audio and good speakers, because the apm is a relatively low powered one.

Does that seem true?
Any one experiment with other file quality levels?

Thanks!

Greg

I know I've asked some people in PMs, but what file naming structure are people using, for song files, with the MPS4?

Still dragging my feet on the CD collection re-rip...

I know I've asked some people in PMs, but what file naming structure are people using, for song files, with the MPS4?

Still dragging my feet on the CD collection re-rip...

I STILL haven't got mine (House will be finished in a couple of weeks, so I plan to order and install ASAP), but if it's auto-syncing, does in not use the ID4 tags for meta-data?

When ripping my CD collection, I can alter the file name structure using WMP.

year/artist/song title/genre etc

Just wondering what others have found that works well for the Nuvo KPs, and the MPS4.

I am using the same GC driver I was using before. I stopped the CQC service briefly so I could use the Nuvo Configurator to rename the sources. I have not yet tried to get metadata into CQC, although I would think it work seamlessly since all the GC keypads display the data fine.

Is there any way I can rename the sources without buying the configurator?

I used the Nuvo GC programming software to configure, using a USB/serial adapter.

I don't know what the configurator does, really.

Did you buy that software or is it a download from NuVo? I'm pretty sure I didn't get any software with my GC and I can't find anywhere to download it on their site.

Back