Two way voice module

dsiroky

I suspect my two way voice module is not working, but don't know if this is so, or if I just haven't configured it in the dealer access software correctly.

When the two way voice module arrived, a couple of the ribbon cable connectors tore from the circuit board (very bad design btw) when I tried to install it in the suggested manner.

Eventually I realized it wasn't going to fit on the side of the can with all the wires there running to the 2 hardwire expansion boards, so I desoldered the ribbon cable from the module, and installed a header on the circuit board and matching connector on the ribbon cable to plug it into the two way voice module, correcting the disconnected pins (imo it should ship this way - just like the hardwire expander boards).

There are a couple of led lights on the board. Listen Active, and Enabled.

Can someone tell me whether the "Enabled" LED light should be on during normal operation (no voice active) as a sort of power indicator, or do they only light up during an announcement?

That would help me narrow the problem down and I decide whether to re-trace the cable with an ohm meter to make sure the cable/header is working, or whether I need to spend some time in the dealer access software configuring it to talk with the HAI HiFi2.

what's the easiest way to trigger a light on the module to help troubleshoot whether the module is working/receiving power?

Can you make sure the system is set to allow calling into it, then - well, call into it and activate the listen in option?

Should have RTFM.... didn't realize you needed 2 cables from the HIFI2 to the two way voice module. One for the signal, the other for the relay trigger. Will have to fix that first...

Back